Sunday 18 February 2018

Carole's Sunday Review: Sixth Prime


Author: Dan O'Brien

Title: Sixth Prime (The Prime Saga Book 1)
Genre: Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Pages: ebook
Published: Feb 2014
Where I Got It: My shelf (Amazon freebie)


A war brews as a galaxy struggles to maintain a peace treaty signed in haste. The Commonwealth boasts sprawling cities built upon slums. The Sovereignty has placed the yoke of industry upon its citizens. Sixteen men and women are connected in a way they cannot yet understand. A murder of a prominent artist begins a chain of events that will ultimately determine the fate of the universe. 



Only thirteen will remain. 



In the end, there can be only one Prime. 



Are you a Prime? 

It's been a little bit since I've read a Sci-Fi. It is a genre I enjoy, but for some reason, I stray from it. This was a nice one to read after a long stretch. 


I enjoyed the characters and the world. I really liked Jane, Lorelei, and the Prisoner the most. I was hooked on their stories from the moment they popped onto the page. Everyone else? Just meh. They were just okay and I didn't hate following them, but I really wanted to see what would happen next with those three more. 



Honestly, I do feel like there were too many characters at some points. I would've been fine with those three and maybe one other. I don't really feel I could focus and connect as much as I wanted to because there was a lot of jumping around. That really is my only issue. At this rate, they will drop like flies so I won't have to worry much for very long. Haha. 



The Darkness scared me! But it intrigued me at the same time. I feel like we will see more of it in the future. I hope so!



I want to learn more about this world! This author surely did build a good world! It was introduced slowly as we went along so we avoided knowledge-overload. There are a lot of questions I have running in my head though. I am curious to see what is next and I hope all my questions are answered in the next book! I especially want to learn more about what it means to be a Prime. Why is it SO important? WHO will be the one Prime? I am a little anxious to see the fates of the remaining people. 



A good opening book in this series and this world. If you like Sci-Fi and people stories you will like this. I wonder what is next! I'll give this 3 stars. Looking forward to what is next! I am liking this world.  









3 comments:

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP