Tuesday 30 June 2020

Audio: Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire

Audible Audio, 5 pages
Published January 9th 2018 by Macmillan Audio
Series: Wayward Children #3
Fantasy
Own

These are so much fun, and this was definitely the lightest so far.

Cora is a student at Eleanor's house for Wayward Children. All she wants is to return to her world where she was a mermaid.

Christopher wants to return to his skeleton girl. Cade wants to find answers.

In comes Rini, looking for her dead mother Sumi, who died before Rini was before. And off they go to a world of nonsense where everything is made out of sugar, loved that! That world truly was nonsensical. Pure craziness.

I enjoyed this quest, and as always, I want everyone to find their doors again! This series is so much fun

Narration
I liked the narrator and I felt she did a good job with different voices and the craziness of the story

Sumi died years before her prophesied daughter Rini could be born. Rini was born anyway, and now she’s trying to bring her mother back from a world without magic.


16 comments:

  1. These little books are nice. I'm curious to see the adaptation now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually listened to the first novel a few years ago. I'm not sure why I didn't continue, but I may need to start them up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot about this series. I got the first one for my daughter and she never finished it (typical for her). Glad you are still enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, they are really fun, print and ebook wise

      Delete
  4. Need to try these. I love portal fantasies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO well done! Makes me want to have my own portal

      Delete
  5. Yay..i am excited for the next one on audio. Glad you are enjoying them too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books are definitely on my list, and I'll probably also do them in audio. I've fallen so behind though.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like them in print though too, I did the first two in print

      Delete
  7. Huh. I am intrigued by this

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP