Thursday 1 June 2023

A blogger´s life

 



It took me a long time, but I reached my first blogging burnout.




I tried to pinpoint why, and I am come to a conclusion. I work well under pressure, I live under stress. But I have lost a lot of review contacts during my blogging years, and I was down to 2. Then I was down to 1. It was not the books that kept me going, it was more the OMG, must finish this book at this time!!! That constant pressure fed me.





Now, almost no review books, I had like 2 this month. I have gotten really bad at reading printed books cos I am so audio in love. Less time to listen at work, been bad at walking and listening. I honestly have not had time for books at all!




I did think about quitting. But I would miss you all! So I thought about it, so what if I have one book review posted a week. So what. I will do that, no pressure. Maybe that will get me back in the saddle. I do miss that pressure though, damn I got books read then



But I wanted you all to know, this has been months coming, I have felt it coming for so long.






16 comments:

  1. Add the pressure to yourself. Give yourself tasks and reading goals. That helps me and maybe it will help you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I'm sorry my love. I had a burnout slightly early on. Like I said on FB, maybe you need a mini vacay from reading and posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did do as you said :) And honestly now I do not wanna go back to the usual pace anymore

      Delete
  3. I completely understand. I am glad you're not completely abandoning your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of us get it, we have been doing it so long. I will try my best to stay

      Delete
  4. I know the feeling! Sometimes I feel like it's more than I want to keep on with, but I'd miss the blogging community. I'm happy to hear you'll still keep posting. If one book a week is how you keep going then do that. Book blogging should be for fun and not filled with stress. If it stresses you out then it is time to step back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work well under pressure, but at the same time it is not healthy, and I do see how my reading lust is dying from it. Already with the mini break I had I felt I got to read more and not stress

      Delete
  5. I would review and post as little and as much as your schedule and your mood allows, no pressure! I too feel you on the love for audiobooks and having not as much time for physical books now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audio is just <3 But it does take more time.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear that. Sometimes we have to take a break or change things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the blogger burnout feeling well. I've thought about quitting a few times, but I do love the community so much. A lot of bloggers have disappeared, which is sad. Sometimes when I'm super busy with life I'm posting once a month (or less). You should post when and what you want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The community is what I would miss the most.
      And yes so many are gone now :/ And I do not wanna leave, just maybe focus more on reading

      Delete
  8. *HUGS* So I've been absolutely out straight the past three weeks. I was starting to have some of the same feelings. My real life schedule is clearing up a bit soon, so we'll see how I'm feeling then. I have lots of review books and audiobooks, but I've been doing less, so then I don't feel the pressure to write a review. We'll figure this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it was the time for both of us. We have to hit that wall sooner or later.
      But yes I would like to have my reading lust back

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP