Monday 19 June 2023

Carole´s Monday: The world queen awakens

 


Author: Micah Swanson Harris
Title: The World Queen Awakens
Series:  #1 Agents of the Rune Stone Ring Trilogy
Genre:  Fiction, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Romance, SciFi
Format: Paperback
Pages: 429
Published: December 15, 2022
Where I Got It: My shelf (Given to me by the author/publisher for my honest and unbiased opinion)

Summary: 
An innocent princess possessed! The evil goddess within her is ready to rise and reign in wicked glory as the Last World Queen!
Then Princess Freyja meets Ambrose, the young royal tutor who is as lonely as she is…and who secretly loves her.
Her only if he can activate a ring of secret agents to combat her curse.
But their leader is long dead, leaving the operatives unknown to each other.
How will Ambrose assemble in time a group whose members each believe he or she is an order of one?
Who will stand when...
The World Queen Awakens!


Review:
I read the original version back in 2020. The author was kind enough to send me the new and revised edition. I was excited to dive back into this world!!!! 

We follow Princess Freyja. She is possessed by an evil goddess who wants to break free and reign the world. Enter in Ambrose. He is hired to be the tutor of the princess, but he is so much more than that. Not only are they catching feelings, but the evil goddess is threatening to break free to become the World Queen. 

This was exciting to get back into the story. There have been some changes and expansions. I could be wrong because ya'lls know my memory is lacking.... (it has been 3 years) but I feel like some of the character development felt deeper. Which was nice to see. 

I actually didn't feel meh about the princess. I remember, before, wanting to kick her and it took forever for me to care about her. Here...she is still annoying and spoiled and bleh at the beginning BUUUUUUUUT...I feel like I warmed up to her sooner. Maybe it was the knowledge I KNEW she would get better? Who knows but I actually ended up liking her a lot. 

The world-building is top-notch for sure and I enjoyed learning the lore, history, etc behind this world. There are some moments things slow down for us, but it worked. 

In the end, I really enjoyed this...again. Love the world-building and the characters. Such a fun time. I'll give this 4 stars. 





Challenge(s):
- #19 for Romance Reading Challenge - Teacher/Governess

  


3 comments:

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP