Wednesday 28 June 2023

Audio review: Shield of Winter

By: Nalini Singh


Narrated by: Angela Dawe


Series: Psy-Changeling, Book 13


Length: 15 hrs and 47 mins


Release date: 06-01-17


Publisher: Orion Publishing Group Limited


Paranormal romance / Nextory borrow





I will try it make this short...not my favorite in the Psy-changeling books. It felt slow and I never connected to Vasic or Ivy. The constant check backs to the previous couple was not a favorite either. I liked those, but I wanted this book to be about this couple .




Silence has fallen. Psy are turning into monsters. The Es most awaken and try to heal the net. Vasic, an arrow falls for an empath named Ivy. And well, dunno really, but it dragged at times.




The narrator is wonderful. I do love Dawe and she is amazing.




But not the best book in the series





Assassin. Soldier. Arrow. That is who Vasic is, who he will always be. His soul drenched in blood, his conscience heavy with the weight of all he's done, he exists in the shadows, far from the hope his people can almost touch - if only they do not first drown in the murderous insanity of a lethal contagion. To stop the wave of death, Vasic must complete the simplest and most difficult mission of his life. For if the Psy race is to survive, the empaths must wake....




Having rebuilt her life after medical 'treatment' that violated her mind and sought to stifle her abilities, Ivy should have run from the black-clad Arrow with eyes of winter frost. But Ivy Jane has never done what she should. Now she'll fight for her people - and for this Arrow who stands as her living shield yet believes he is beyond redemption. But as the world turns to screaming crimson, even Ivy's fierce will may not be enough to save Vasic from the cold darkness....




18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear it wasn't better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer it was only so-so for you. I loved this pair and had a few others I thought were slowrollers so I get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I still need to read this. I was almost done and then didn't get to it. Maybe? I'll have to check. Sorry it wasn't a hit for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I read a lot, took a break and started a few books up lol

      Delete
  4. I did enjoy this one I think. I agree Dawe is a really good narrator although I tend to read this series rather than listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I started listening I can not stop

      Delete
  5. I never loved the Psy-Psy romances, but this one was pretty decent, if I recall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think that is my problem too. I am reading another psy psy and not really feeling it

      Delete
  6. I want to try this series at some point. Sorry this one wasn't your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Nalini Singh...an author I still need to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is awesome..but yes some of these are not awesome, just good

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP