Tuesday 13 June 2023

TMST

 


 

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.





6/13/2023 What's most important in a book for you: the plot, the characters, or the writing style?




Ok, so this is a tricky one. I need it all. BUT, I recently read a book and the writing style was so good so it did not matter that I did not like the characters or the plot in a way.



But a good plot, and bad characters and writing, hmm, no I do not think that can save a book.



Good characters are key, but we do need the rest too.



I have no idea, I want it all!!!










6/20/2023 How do you get out of a reading slump?

6/27/2023 What are your least favorite tropes?





Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.




If you are interested in participating in TMST or receiving periodic emails that list the upcoming TMST topics and questions,  please fill out this GOOGLE FORM.  Participation is optional and never required.




15 comments:

  1. Great question and I agree with you but above all if the storyline/plot sucks it doesn't matter how good the rest is to me anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a complex puzzle that needs to work

      Delete
  2. The characters because if I don't like the characters, I probably won't like the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time I sure feel like that, I will dnf a book if the people suck

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If they are not all there then something is missing

      Delete
  4. In general, it's the characters for me. If I love a character, I can ignore almost everything else.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The love of a character can save it all

      Delete
  5. I feel like good and complex characters are so important. 2Ds are boring and I won't care even if it is the best writer in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Not even the best author can save a crappy character

      Delete
  6. Characters! Then maybe plot. If both those are good, then I can take even the most difficult writing styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep changing my mind cos I need them all :D

      Delete
  7. I agree... a great book must have them all. Sometimes one aspect can ruin a book. So it's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need all three. Maybe plot is just a smidge more important to me, but not by much.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP