Monday 19 September 2011

Review: Haunted Honeymoon - Marta Acosta

Series: Casa Dracula #4
Genre: Paranormal romance with a twist
Published: 2010
Publisher: Gallery
Source: From Marta


As the only human to survive vampire infection, Milagro de Los Santos has become quite a celebrity among the blood-drinking elite. Too bad the perks of her condition—increased strength, super-fast healing—don’t pay her condo fees. There are other complications too. She’s feeling guilty about her fling with enigmatic Vampire Council member Ian Ducharme, and pining for her ex-fiancé, Dr. Oswald Grant . . . the fabulous man whose kiss changed her life. It’s when Milagro—irked by Ian’s attentions to his neighbor—travels to London and enjoys a sexy flirtation of her own, that the blood really hits the fan. Suddenly, those around her are dying gruesome deaths and Milagro’s being interrogated. Who would kill to set her up as a murder suspect? Milagro just wants to turn back the clock and have another chance to make things right, but no sooner has she escaped to Oswald’s ranch than an accident obliterates her memory. Will the murderer come after her now? And will amnesia spark a romantic do-over with Oswald—or will she make all the same mistakes before she ever gets to say "I do"?

My thoughts:
This is the end and I am sad, but at the same time I am very happy because it was truly the end I wanted. 

Milagros is now with Ian but things are still not great. She can't seem to find her place, and she still thinks about Oswald. Oh yes Oswald, the hot but for me boring wasp vampire. So not for our curvy and lively Milagros. But they will meet again as she gets amnesia and there is a chance to start all over again. What happens? Oh I am not telling you that, but she will get one of these men. 

This book is about a fun trip to London, a crazy scientist, trouble with Ian, murder charges and a happy ever after. 

But let's get back to the men since they are so interesting. Ian, oh that goddamn Ian Ducharme. I said last time that he is like chocolate and that is so true. You look at it on the shelf and crave it, then you get it and eat too much. But if you try to stay away you just long for it again. So what does this tell you? Well you just have to learn that chocolate is awesome, just do not eat too much, and do not try to stay away from it. And that is Ian, lol, Milagros just have to come to terms with her Ian-addiction. Because in the end a bit of chocolate is actually good for you. But will Milagros stay with her chocolate or go back to healthier food that taste funny? Find out! The book throws a few surpries and I liked it. 

Conclusion:
What we have is a fun book and even though I am sad that it is ending it was fun while it lasted. It is a series that I totally would recommend to others.

Rating:
Fun

Cover:
Nice

30 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book, I am going to have to read it soon. Thnaks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review!

    I'll so miss this series as well! Loved me some Ian Ducharme LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I didnt realize it was from the Casa Dracula since the cover is so different from the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a shame when a series ends! Sigh! I hope you find one to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate an author ending a series instead of dragging it out forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put the series on my wishlist since your last review. It is a good thing that a serie can end as well, makes it easier to start.

    I like your review, and will start someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know this book was part of a series! great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria Accosta is on my wishlist...perhaps not the wisest move but still...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you've certainly summed up my feelings for chocolate brilliantly in this review, so now I'm craving a little bit of Ian. I need to meet him:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really had to go there and compare Ian to chocolate...now i want a piece of him *grin* My chocolate cravings demand it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those chocolate references are little bit distracting ;) But sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is another series I keep mean to start. I did pick up How to Marry a Millionnair vampire on the kindle earlier this year but not started reading just yet! I'm glad this is a series worth reading though! And a trip London always endears a book to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this one on my tbr but need the other 3 as well. ;D I was going to just read this one, but I had some review books in the way. Now I really feel like I should read in order. Don't faint! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This does sound like a fun series. I've not started it yet, but this book (when it came out) brought it to my attention. So glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fabulous ending to a series that you really enjoyed. I know that I need to check this one out. I like the cover for this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't you hate it when a beloved series ends? It is kind of bittersweet (just like the best chocolate IMHO).

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad the ending was what you wanted - it's always a bit bittersweet though :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mhmmm, great review. I think I may pass on this one though. I'm tempted to read it, but I need a break from vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This does sound cute! Your reviews have made me want to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't she get both Ian and Oswald??? Nothing wrong with having your cake and eating it too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You cracked me up with the chocolate analogy. I'm glad the series ended the way you wanted it to. There isn't anything worse than when it doesn't and you know there aren't any more books coming.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the last book as well. It is sad when a good series come to and end but I prefer a good ending to a never ending series that I eventually might end up not liking.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This one certainly has a little bit of everything. Thanks for the recommendation :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  25. *snorts*

    Hot but boring vampire!

    You are so great at describing things.

    Glad things ended the way you wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anne
    I hope you like the series!

    Larissa
    Oh he is sooooo fine


    Jenny
    I have seen so many covers, and they all look different in this series, weird


    Vivienne
    Let's hope so :D


    Chris
    I know, I do have to love Marta for that, and thank her


    Aurian
    Good to hear. And I do hope you start it one day


    carrie
    Aye it is


    Ana
    I think it would be a hit or miss, or a in between, lol,I can never tell with you


    Jenny
    I think I had a bit of a chocolate craving when I wrote this, lol


    Leontine
    You should listen to your cravings ;)


    Elysium
    I got choco in the fridge, oh now I distracted myself

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mel
    Que?
    *goes to google since I do not know what kind of book that is*


    melissa Books
    *faints*
    Lol, yes do read in order, you will not get the same feeling otherwise.


    Melissa World
    It was a fun series while it lasted


    Deanna
    It's nice, and haunting ;)
    And yes do try them!


    Yvonne
    It was

    DC
    So true, bittersweet *sighs* But it's good that it ends on top


    Melissa Swim
    I loved that I got a great ending


    Carole
    The vamps are different in this one. very different.


    Naida
    The books are so sweet anf fun, to read them


    Steph
    Lol, nah, they both have faults but one can be reformed ;)


    Darlene'
    I know, that is the most horrible thing ever. That makes me wish I had not read the books at all.


    Mari
    I know a few series like that ;) And they drive me crazy, i wish they had ended ages ago.


    Jenny
    You're welcome!


    Missie
    Lol, that is me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well, even though it ended I'm glad that it turned out the way you wanted it too. Sounds like.a fun series!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm looking for a series to read during Dewey's Read-a-Thon. I'll write this one down.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Staci
    It ended like a good series should end :)

    Alexis
    Then this one might do the trick

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP