Monday 24 December 2012

Review: Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor - Lisa Kleypas


ONE LITTLE GIRL NEEDS A FAMILY
One rain-slicked night, six-year-old Holly lost the only parent she knew, her beloved mother Victoria. And since that night, she has never again spoken a word.

ONE SINGLE MAN NEEDS A WIFE 
The last thing Mark Nolan needs is a six-year-old girl in his life. But he soon realizes that he will do everything he can to make her life whole again. His sister’s will gives him the instructions: There’s no other choice but you. Just start by loving her. The rest will follow.

SOMETIMES, IT TAKES A LITTLE MAGIC… 
Maggie Collins doesn’t dare believe in love again, after losing her husband of one year. But she does believe in the magic of imagination. As the owner of a toy shop, she lives what she loves. And when she meets Holly Nolan, she sees a little girl in desperate need of a little magic.

…TO MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE 
Three lonely people. Three lives at the crossroads. Three people who are about to discover that Christmas is the time of year when anything is possible, and when wishes have a way of finding the path home…

My thoughts:
This book is short, short, short and utterly lovely. Longer than a novella but still only 200 pages. It does work, because it's a holiday story and things get to move fast then.

Mark is, well, quiet, I liked him. He takes good care of his niece. Sure he has some silly ideas, but he is good. Maggie , whom he meets is sweet, but has mourned her husband for 2 years. Things just click, and even if things do not happen then at once, there is just magic and love in the air. These two fit, and the would be excellent parents to Holly.'

It's a fast friendship turned into a fast romance. It's a cute book that I read in a day, in one sitting. It's light and lovely.

Conclusion:
After having finished it I also wanted more about this family, his brother Sam who works too much, and Alex who is getting a divorce. Yes I want them to find love too. A nice holiday book.

Cover:
Eh, nice I guess

Series: Friday Harbor #1
Genre: Contemporary romance
Pages: 211
Published: 2010 by St Martin's Press
Source: My own

As we celebrate xmas on the 24th here up in the north today is the day where I wish you all

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 



47 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Linda! I read this when it was first published and thought it was too short but I liked it. I saw the movie version last week. It strayed a bit from the book but it was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was short, but still it worked :)
      OHhhh I have heard about that one and really want to see it

      Delete
  2. This short novella sounds perfect to read tonight/tommorrow! :) I love Christmas books. :)


    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Xmas :D It sure was the perfect book for xmas.

      Now I just need one for next year too

      Delete
  3. Merry merry to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.o this sounds lovely ..i might grab it today! Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Lisa Kleypas, I've only read her historical romances, but I adored them. I think I need to go back and read more off her backlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read them but I sure wanna :D She has a nice sweet style, well in this one at least

      Delete
  7. Sounds like perfect light reading for Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best and let the next year bring you better books than the previous one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this series, glad you enjoyed it. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well Blodeuedd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D
      I do want more, especially Alex's story

      Delete
  10. I have this on my Nook and I really, really wish I had a chance to read it before the holiday got away from me. Oh well, I might end up reading it in the middle of the summer yet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well that is one way to do it. I think I waited 10 months to read this one

      Delete
  11. Happy Holidays! Hope you got lots and lots of pressies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas Linda! I hope you and your family are having a wonderful day. All the best to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw the movie based on this book last week. (Christmas with Holly I think) I hear it's a little different so I would love to read the story too.

    I didn't realize that it was so short which is great for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great that it was short. Not a novella, just a very short book and it worked as it was a xmas story

      Delete
  14. I normally stay far away from books like this, but this sounds like a good holiday read. I hope you had a great Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds too sweet and perfect for the holidays :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm... sounds like a good christmas gift to give to somebody I know next christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  17. it sounds like the perfect book for this period of the year

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also celebrate Christmas the 24th! I hope you had a great day :)

    I've seen this book around, it's going for me wishlist for next Christmas probably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do? Yay, finally some more countries :D

      Delete
  19. Aww this sounds sweet, I'm putting it on my list for next Christmas. Cover's pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed this book; the Hallmark movie Christmas with Holly was adorable ~ if you haven't seen it yet...you should check it out!

    Heather ~ Books Books and More Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally must :D I love cute Hallmark movies, even if I have read the book

      Delete
  21. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and what a perfect review to post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. she's a wonderful author! i hope you had a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I watched this as a Hallmark Christmas movie and fell in love with it!! I must read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that and I would love to see it :D

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP