Friday 21 December 2012

Review: Grave Dance - Kalayna Price


Whoever said dead men tell no tales obviously never met Alex Craft.

After a month spent recovering from a vicious fight with a sorcerer, grave witch Alex Craft is ready to get back to solving murders by raising the dead. With her love life in turmoil thanks to the disappearance of Fae Investigation Bureau agent Falin Andrews and a shocking “L” word confession from Death himself, Alex is eager for the distractions of work. But her new case turns out to be a deadly challenge.

The police hire Alex to consult on a particularly strange investigation in the nature preserve south of Nekros City. The strange part: There are no corpses, only fragments of them. A serial killer is potentially on the loose, and Alex has no way to raise a shade without a body, so she’ll have to rely on the magic of others to find leads. But as she begins investigating, a creature born of the darkest magic comes after her. Someone very powerful wants to make sure the only thing she finds is a dead end—her own.

My thoughts:
Was it as good as book 1? Truth be told I do not remember, I just felt I needed to read this one. And even if this one was not awesome, I still want book 3.

Alex is a cool witch, she also has hidden talents that comes to play here. I like secret pasts.

Falin, oh I do not know, I do not like him all the time. He is not the man I want for her.

Death, I mean I read this for him, I love him *swooooooons*.

Conclusion:
Now where was I? I do not have a lot to say about this book, I swooned over Death, I liked Fairy Land, I do want more. But...it felt messy at times.

Cover:
Nice

Series: Alex Craft #2
Genre: urban Fantasy
Pages: 371
Published: 2011 by Roc
Source Own


24 comments:

  1. I will never match the shortness of your reviews. Not in a million years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am good at it, I do not want to go into lengths, I did that in uni and hated it

      Delete
  2. I kind of want to swoon over Death. There's something I thought I would never type ;-) Might have to give this series a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swooning over Death now that is an new one. I have had book one of this series for IDK a long time. Maybe I will crack the cover. DAmn you TBR pile... why did you have to get so out of control! Anyway happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it and swoon :D

      Happy Holidays!! And yes my TBR is crazy!

      Delete
  4. He is my favorite too, Blodeuedd! :) Very swoon-worthy! Agree - a bit messy, but stronger than book #1. I haven't read book #3 yet as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I liked book 1 more, still it was good and I do want more and...mmmm Death

      Delete
  5. Hm... I've read several books that you tend to swoon for Death. I do think I need to read this series based on that. Sorry it wasn't great, but the world sound fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Death seems to be a fav in many, well what can I say, when he is a hunk he's a hunk

      Delete
  6. Nice touch on the cover with the green of the author name matching the corset.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O.o sometimes book two is just so-so, but I am intrigued by the overall series..cover reminds me of Rachel from the Hollows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want more, it was just a lot going on and they never breathed

      Delete
  8. I enjoy this series very much, and I agree, no Falin please. I don't like him. I enjoyed book 3 even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falin is just..so not for me. And I do need to read book 3

      Delete
  9. I have first book... I'll read it... sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE death!!! I really liked this one so I'm sorry it was a little different for you, maybe the 4th will be better...

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP