Wednesday 26 December 2012

Review: Knife of Dreams- Robert Jordan


The Re-Read Challenge Continues and I am close to the end.

The dead are walking, men die impossible deaths, and it seems as though reality itself has become unstable: All are signs of the imminence of Tarmon Gai’don, the Last Battle, when Rand al’Thor, the Dragon Reborn, must confront the Dark One as humanity’s only hope. But Rand dares not fight until he possesses all the surviving seals on the Dark One’s prison and has dealt with the Seanchan, who threaten to overrun all nations this side of the Aryth Ocean and increasingly seem too entrenched to be fought off. But his attempt to make a truce with the Seanchan is shadowed by treachery that may cost him everything. Whatever the price, though, he must have that truce. And he faces other dangers. There are those among the Forsaken who will go to any length to see him dead—and the Black Ajah is at his side...

Unbeknownst to Rand, Perrin has made his own truce with the Seanchan. It is a deal made with the Dark One, in his eyes, but he will do whatever is needed to rescue his wife, Faile, and destroy the Shaido who captured her. Among the Shaido, Faile works to free herself while hiding a secret that might give her her freedom or cause her destruction. And at a town called Malden, the Two Rivers longbow will be matched against Shaido spears.

Fleeing Ebou Dar through Seanchan-controlled Altara with the kidnapped Daughter of the Nine Moons, Mat attempts to court the woman to whom he is half-married, knowing that she will complete that ceremony eventually. But Tuon coolly leads him on a merry chase as he learns that even a gift can have deep significance among the Seanchan Blood and what he thinks he knows of women is not enough to save him. For reasons of her own, which she will not reveal until a time of her choosing, she has pledged not to escape, but Mat still sweats whenever there are Seanchan soldiers near. Then he learns that Tuon herself is in deadly danger from those very soldiers. To get her to safety, he must do what he hates worse than work...

In Caemlyn, Elayne fights to gain the Lion Throne while trying to avert what seems a certain civil war should she win the crown...

In the White Tower, Egwene struggles to undermine the sisters loyal to Elaida from within...

The winds of time have become a storm, and things that everyone believes are fixed in place forever are changing before their eyes. Even the White Tower itself is no longer a place of safety. Now Rand, Perrin and Mat, Egwene and Elayne, Nynaeve and Lan, and even Loial, must ride those storm winds, or the Dark One will triumph

My thoughts;
First omg the blurb is so FREAKING long.

What can I say that I have not said a million times before? So boring reviewing a big series.

Rand will loose something in this one. Oh and the power is cleansed by no one believes it, idiots.

Egwene is better in this one as she is a prisoner and talks back and gets birched.

Tuon is still a bitchy little thing, I mean Pet pet pet! Yeah I would have slapped her. She does get a bit, a tiny bit better in the end. But I still hope she dies in the end.

While Mat is annoying as he just tries his best, but then in the end, yes then he is cool again.

Perrin is looking for Faile. Oh you idiot, you should know better!

Faile is being all Faile and making plans.

Nynaeve is not seen around a lot but she does rally the forces.

Elayne is totally being the MOST boring person in the book, babies yada yada whatever.

Oh and I hate how the Seanchan is all "oh you superstitious people". Drives me bonkers, I wish some trollocs could come and eat them.

But this book is better than the last few. Things are happening ;)

Series: the wheel of time #11
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 784
Published: 2005 by Orbit
Source. My own


26 comments:

  1. This series is new to me, glad this was better then the last few:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When i read them the first time around they were thrilling, but to re-read...not so much

      Delete
  2. I hope you don't take this badly (if you do then just erase my comment)... but you kinda sound menopausal in that review... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how to take that..hm

      Delete
    2. That was meant in a positive way. People been telling me that my sense of humour is strange. Please ignore me :)

      Delete
  3. good luck for all the other books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the last one now..well next to last one

      Delete
  4. At last! Something happens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost 800 pages and things ARE happening...dear me what a series! *snickers and runs away*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes some things do happen during those LONG pages

      Delete
  6. well boring bits aside I find your reviews of these re-reads entertaining lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am glad that you at least like that

      Delete
  7. hmm I don't remember the books being very boring. I wonder how I would feel re-reading them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were good the first time around :) The second time some very dry, some parts. But the first 4 are just awesome

      Delete
  8. I'm almost finished with the fourth one again, and it's amazing how some of my feelings, especially towards charcters, are different this time around. Though I know I've read this series at least 3 or 4 times. I agree Tuon is frickin annoying and I like Berelain better than Faile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so strange. I do not love Rand like before, and Perrin who I found so boring I like this time around. The girl has changed too, I did not like Berelain then but absolutely now

      Delete
  9. At some point in my life I seriously would like to read this series again and actually finish it this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl, it will take time but you really should do it

      Delete
  10. I am looking forward to the end of the series.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP