Saturday 15 November 2014

Book Blog Walkers: Weekly Check-in Nov 14 2014 and Top Secret twenty-one

This challenge is organized by Felicia over at the Geeky Blogger's Book Blog

Saturday 10 km bike
Sunday 1 hour walk
Monday 10 km bike and 45 min zumba toning
Tuesday 5 km bike, 30 min walk and 1 hour yoga
Wednesday 5 km bike and 1 hour walk
Thursday 10 km bike and 1 hour zumba
Friday 6 km bike and 30 min walk

-----------------

Catch a professional assassin: top priority. Find a failure-to-appear and collect big bucks: top score. How she’ll pull it all off: top secret.

Trenton, New Jersey’s favorite used-car dealer, Jimmy Poletti, was caught selling a lot more than used cars out of his dealerships. Now he’s out on bail and has missed his date in court, and bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is looking to bring him in. Leads are quickly turning into dead ends, and all too frequently into dead bodies. Even Joe Morelli, the city’s hottest cop, is struggling to find a clue to the suspected killer’s whereabouts. These are desperate times, and they call for desperate measures. So Stephanie is going to have to do something she really doesn’t want to do: protect former hospital security guard and general pain in her behind Randy Briggs. Briggs was picking up quick cash as Poletti’s bookkeeper and knows all his boss’s dirty secrets. Now Briggs is next on Poletti’s list of people to put six feet under.

To top things off, Ranger—resident security expert and Stephanie’s greatest temptation—has been the target of an assassination plot. He’s dodged the bullet this time, but if Ranger wants to survive the next attempt on his life, he’ll have to enlist Stephanie’s help and reveal a bit more of his mysterious past.

Death threats, highly trained assassins, highly untrained assassins, and Stark Street being overrun by a pack of feral Chihuahuas are all in a day’s work for Stephanie Plum. The real challenge is dealing with her Grandma Mazur’s wild bucket list. A boob job and getting revenge on Joe Morelli’s Grandma Bella can barely hold a candle to what’s number one on the list—but that’s top secret. 

Hardcover, 305 pages
Published June 17th 2014 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2014)
Stephanie Plum #21
Mystery chic-lit

 library

GODS I hate these long blurbs.

You know what, I will say it with Gifs.


 

30 comments:

  1. -Good job this week my dear. I was poopy, because I was overly busy. Sighs.
    -HAHAHAHAHAHA I think I shall avoid this book. I couldn't even finish the summary. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens to all of us.

      Gods I know right! The blurbs are always so freaking long these days, and tell everything you need to know

      Delete
  2. Oh long blurbs freaking drive me crazy too. I love this series but haven';t read since 18. I just haven't had the urge to pick up the once sense and man they are pricey all coming out in hardback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. And honestly not even worth borrowing it from the library. I skimmed half of it

      Delete
  3. I agree, long blurbs are the worst! They are like a book within a book. Urgh! Great job on getting moving this week. You make me feel like such a slouch. o_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is all that happens in the book, the blurb should not tell it all! arghh

      Delete
  4. LOL at the gifs. I don't like those long blurbs either. The last one I read in this series was #19 so I guess I have to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could jump right to this one and not miss a single thing...not one single important thing

      Delete
  5. Aw, no pics for blog walkers this week.

    And lol, I've never read these Evanovich books, it's not to my taste anyway, and looks like I dodged a bullet.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no :/ The sun sets so early :(

      The suck, honestly I have hated them since book 12

      Delete
  6. Oh I need to read it, I'm a little late with this one but I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't read long blurbs - no matter what book. Sadly, I gave up on this series after #8 because nothing ever changed. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. NOnononononononoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I got into this series earlier this year and you cant even understand how much I love it. Or maybe you can. I'm on book 6 and lemme tell you, when there's trouble I know which series to call. Well... at least book 21 is a long ways off. I have three more years at the least at this pace. :c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I LOVED it back then...looooved it. But then at book 10 it started to..stagnate. At book 12 I realised it had stagnated. At book 14 I stopped laughing and now, I HATE this series

      Delete
  9. I skimmed the blurb, it was just too much. My mom reads these books, so I'll probably buy her one for Christmas. :) I hope the book is still good, even if the blurb lost me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blurb tell everything, read the blurb and you know the book

      Delete
  10. I think that's my favorite review of yours ever - & I don't like gif reviews lol

    I haven't bothered reading this series because when they last this long it goes wrong.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank you. Honestly I could not EVEN bother to write about it. I was all F THIS!

      Delete
  11. Aw sorry to hear this one wasn't good, I've heard good things about author but not for everyone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was awesome, just she should have stopped 10 books ago

      Delete
  12. I have this series on my TBR... but now I'm not sure. Love the Gifs review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read book 1 and then the last book if she ever writes one

      Delete
  13. I think I'll go with that plan! LOL! I have heard great things - but too many books! I'll check out the first from the library!

    Good job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still a fan of Stephanie Plum, though they are a bit ridiculous. Regardless-I completely love your gif review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish that for once something new would happen

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP