Wednesday 10 July 2019

Audio: Wolf Rain by Nalini Singh


Audiobook, Length: 13 hrs, 23 mins
Narrator; Angela Dawe
Published June 4th 2019 by Tantor Audio
Series: Psy-Changeling Trinity #3, Psy-Changeling #18
Paranormal romance
To review

This one felt dark, but as always Singh does make it great in every way.

First we have Memory, a psy who has been kept prisoner most of her life. She thinks of herself as a victim, and one with dark horrible psy powers. But she is strong and a survivor.

Aleksei has demons of his ones. His brother went rogue, his dad went rogue, will he go rogue? And then he hears the cries of a psy and goes to investigate.

He challenges her, she pushes back. They are both what the other one needs. And they take their time, considering, and it feels so right.

Then there is the darkness, the serial killer who has kept her prisoner and wants her back.

Though there is another plot too, a hidden darkness in the psy world. And when the serial killer story ends there was still almost 2 hours left, which felt strange. The other issues was then resolved too. I guess they had to be there at once so it might expand into the next book or something.

The psynet is failing and I do wonder how the will fix it...which means...I can't wait for more!

Great book, as alays! singh does not disappoint

Narrator
I'd say Dawe's women have very throaty voices, very dark. Not all, but at least the main. But it fits. SHe has a great range and everyone feels distinct. Her female and male voices are great and she brings emotion and need into the story.

She is great to listen at and she brings the story to life. Now when I think of those books I missed, I'd say I would rather listen to those than read

The end of Silence was supposed to create a better world for future generations. But trust is broken, and the alliance between Psy, Changeling, and human is thin. The problems that led to Silence are back in full force. Because Silence fixed nothing, just hid the problems.
This time, the Psy have to find a real answer to their problems—if one exists. Or their race will soon go extinct in a cascade of violence. The answer begins with an empath who is attuned to monsters—and who is going to charm a wolf into loving her despite his own demons.


16 comments:

  1. I love Dawe's voice, and I loved Wolf Rain, too. I didn't listen to the audio, read the book instead, but I might re-read by audio in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done the recent ones in audio and it works so well :D

      Delete
  2. I need to get back into this series. I am quite behind in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I jumped a few in the psy-changeling series, it works

      Delete
  3. psynet....weird. LOL but the book sounds super intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to try Singh...someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh, oh that one day, more days needed

      Delete
  5. Grrr, I still need to read her!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe when this new series finishes one day

      Delete
  6. Glad you enjoyed this one. I've heard of this author before but haven't read her books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked this one - back with the wolves!! I've never listened to this series, but I have listened to Dawe before and she is awesome! Will you go back and listen to the missed ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do want to! Just so little time, and not to mention I did read the psy books here and there, there are more I missed

      Delete
  8. I love this series and I really enjoyed this book. I love Angela Dawe. I don't think I've ever read this series. I think I started on audio.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool :D I started in print long long ago, and I am glad the trinity has been all audio for me

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP