Tuesday 23 July 2019

TMST


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

July 23rd: Fun Post: Share interesting things about yourself.

Well this one is a hard one too, I am so incredibly ordinary.

Buut, ok I can not do audiobooks slowly, they make me go insane. Everyone talk so freaking slow. Nope, no thank you! My preferred speed is 1.8x. Sometimes if my brain thinks of something else I do realise that it is rather fast. And yes in RL I do like when people talk fast too and get to their point. I guess this is a fun fact, right`;)

Fun, I do not know!

Did you know I live in the land of snow and eternal sun in the summer? AKA Finland. Dark long winters, long light summers.

But did you know that I do not speak Finnish`? I got you there! Nope, I am a Swedish speaking Finn. So Swedish is my mother tongue. Swedes won the crusades race in the 12th century and people started moving to the coast. So here we still are, still speaking Swedish. It is the official language of Finland, together with Finnish. I might not have a drop of Finnish blood in me, we are very inbred *coughs*

Talking of inbred, SO's grandpa found that SO and I are both descended from a pair of siblings in the early 1700s.

Something else, nah, might think of something before this goes live



20 comments:

  1. I had no idea Swedish is an official language of Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know! I didn't know that sweedsh was also the langage of Finland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since not even Swedes know it then I forgive you, lol

      Delete
  3. Inbred...lol There are so many people in the world that it's hard to believe that we all aren't related in some way.

    Here's a fun fact about my family...My grandma's sister fell in love with two brothers and had a son by each brother. So her sons (my cousins) are half brothers and cousins. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remmeber exactly but we all like come from 7 women or something, and one guy who lucked out 75000 years ago, but I can forgive that inbredness lol

      ALso I love that story and it should be a book

      Delete
  4. I have to speed up the audio too. I think I saw you did a few at 2.0?? but I can't go that fast yet lol

    Well that's an unfortunate facotid about you and your SO lol At least it was a VERY long time ago.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I just felt it was so freaking slow even at 1.8 . But I rarely go that far

      Haha, yes far enough

      Delete
  5. You are interesting! Plus I love how you did this one with humor! One day I'd love to visit Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think of myself as interesting either. It would be hard to put a post together for this TMST for me. I do listen to audio books fast, too. If I try and listen at normal speed I'm just feel like shouting "get on with it!". Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard! I know nothing cool

      Haha, YES! I just can not do slow, and when people say they speak normally at 1x , no they do not

      Delete
  7. My preferred speed is at least 2.0 and sometimes I gotta boost it up to 2.5. I just can't deal with 1.0 speed, it would put me to sleep!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, and I though I listened fast! But you beat me there :D

      YES! I just got an audiobook and it came with an app and you can NOT change the speed. No

      Delete
  8. I listen to my audiobooks all on double speed. It took a tiny bit of time to adjust to it, but now I can’t listen any other way, plus I get through them so much faster. I didnt’ know that Swedish was the other official language of Finland. Learned something new today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the only way to do it :D
      I mean no one knows, prob finns out there who doesn't even know

      Delete
  9. Aw! Fun facts! Love him!
    I didn't know you didn't speak Finnish! The things we keep learning about each other

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do speak it, badly. I was always better at understanding, it is such a freaking hard language

      Delete
  10. I think it all depends on how fast people talk where you're from. Everyone I've known from Finland talk really fast (not that I have a lot to compare, but still). I usually listen at 1.25x and sometimes 1.5x. I don't think I could do 1.8x.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember us talking about this and I found it so interesting. Someone needs to write a paper about it

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP