Sunday 7 July 2019

Carole's Sunday: Viking's Prize - Tanya Anne Crosby

Viking's Prize
Author: Tanya Anne Crosby 

Narrator: Braden Wright
Title: Viking's Prize
(Medieval Heroes #2)
Genre: Historical Romance
Pages: Audiobook
Published:  August 29th 2006
Where I Got It: My shelf (Audible)

Betrothed to a count after spending most of her young life in a French priory, the beautiful Elienor is kidnapped by a golden-haired Viking warrior whose touch awakens her innermost passions.


"YOU'RE MINE"

In a fury of bloodlust and retribution, the Norse warriors storm Brouillard castle and take their vengeance as their leader claims his prize -- the breathtakingly beautiful Elienor. Carried onto the high seas by Alarik, her golden-haired captor, Elienor is shocked and humiliated as she trembles not from fear, but from the desire his brazen touch awakens in her.


"ALL MINE"

Yet even in the land where he rules with an iron hand, Alarik is held mesmerized by ethereal violet eyes that see into his very soul -- and beyond. Beguiled and bewildered by her strange dreams and her fiery spirit he can barely control the passions she arouses in him. But tempted as he is to claim her and savor the pleasures of his fair prize, it is her heart he has sworn to possess and cherish forever....


I was craving a Viking story. It's been eons since I read one I think. Goodness...I can't even think of the last one I read. 

Elienor is betrothed to a French count, but after a Viking attack she is kidnapped by Alarik and his warriors. There is insta lust between the two, but they hate each other. It takes a while but the lust becomes love. And when I say it takes a while....it takes FOREVER. While they get to know each other, there is a betrayal beyond the horizon. 

I did not like either the hero or heroine of the story right away. It took me a while to warm-up to them. He was too harsh and I was mad when he killed a certain character. Grr! Elienor annoyed me. Soon I did warm up to them. 

The love took eons but it worked because they both hate each other for multiple reasons and yes...he did kidnap her...so it would be super Stockholm-y if it was insta love. There was a lot of trust and getting to know each other first. 

There was something that did really, really bug me. It was assumed that Elienor told him her big secret, but we didn't get to see it. I think that level of trust would've been really nice to see and experience. I really think that scene was needed to really cement their love. 

The ending battle was excited! So good, so good. Not 100% pleased with the decision with one character. He didn't deserve to be forgiven. SMH. Will not say, but I was annoyed.

The narrator was fantastic. Loved his voice!!! Sooooooooooooooooooooo good. And it was smexy for sure ;)

Overall, I did like this story. It was refreshing. This was slow-building but it worked. There was something missing and a scene I would've really liked to help cement their love. BUT oh well. Still good without it. I'll stamp this with 4 stars. 




Changing up my star stamp since the other one is acting up. This may not be my forever new one, but it'll do ;) 





Medieval set





7 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this one. "because they both hate each other for multiple reasons"...lol sounds like a good one and I am heart eyes over the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I see you had to go way back a few years for this one! I used to love Viking stories a lot when I was younger, and I sure had tons of them because they were so exciting. Glad you found one you could warm up to. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you were in the mood for a viking story this sure sounds like it fit the o.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carole :D
    Oh those vikings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your medieval set, Carole, is looking really good! ;p

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP