Monday 11 November 2019

Carole's Monday: Trailing the Hunter


Trailing the Hunter
Author:  Heidi Eljarbo

Title: Trailing the Hunter
Genre: Historical Fiction, Romance, & Fantasy
Pages: ebook
Publication Date: October 30th 2019
Where I Got It: My shelf (Given to me by the author/publisher for my unbiased opinion)




1661 in Norway.
Clara Dahl has made a decision. She has seen the dread and sorrow witch-finder Angus Hill has caused in her hometown and sets out to find him. Her goal is to fight the wrongful and wicked misconceptions about witch hunting. But the witch-finder’s influence is strong. How can she warn the villagers of something they don’t understand?


Clara’s heartfelt desire is to protect and rescue the women who are in danger without causing more harm. As Clara develops secret plots to thwart the plans of the notorious witch-finder and works to help the villagers, she finds friendship and the possibility of true love.



I didn't know this was technically book 2, but it works as a standalone and you really don't have to read the other one. This caught my eye right away. First, by the cover. Second the summary. 



The story follows Clara Dahl. She has seen the onslaught and sorrow the witch-finder, Angus, has caused. She decides it is time to end this and find the man. However, his influence and power is larger then she originally thought. She wants to protect and rescue the women who are in danger.



The beginning was a little slow for me, but then I was hooked and read this in a couple of sittings. I had to know what was going to happen! I was soooooo worried about everyone.  



Darn that witch-finder and his partner! Evil, evil men. 



I liked Clara a lot and bless her heart. All she wants is to help people and teach kids. I was worried about her and all the women. So scary that any woman could be accused and arrested. Doesn't matter...rich, poor, old, young. Anyone is suspect especially if a woman shows any sort of spirit. How no one can see this and understand this blows my mind. If everyone stood up against these terrible men and women then none of the tragedy would happen! 



Loved Christian too. I was a wee bit suspicious of him at the beginning, but I didn't trust anyone to be honest. 



There was a sprinkle of romance here, but it didn't take over the story which I liked. It's not the focus and there are much bigger things at stake so I'm glad it was just in the background. 


LOVE, LOVE that cover!!


Overall, this was a good read. I enjoyed it even though I was scared for everyone and suspicious of everyone at the same time. I am curious about the other book. I recommend this if you are looking for a good historical with a touch of fantasy and romance. I'll stamp this with 4 stars. 









7 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty good. Glad to hear it was good even though it started slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though this has a slow start it sounds really good overall. Great cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I like romance in any books I read but definitely not a requirement. Glad there's a subtle one here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome cover! Sounds like a good read too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really enjoyable. I like stories that have a bit of romance and the premise sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes the cover and blurb do hook one in. I want to read it now. Good to know that I need to hang in there until it gets rolling.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP