Tuesday 12 November 2019

TMST


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

November 12th: If you hosted a dinner for authors who are the six authors you would invite (alive or deceased)?

Oh this is hard!!!!

Jane Austen, I would like to see how she was in real life and I am sure she would have some witty and cutting remarks. As long as not they were directed towards me!

Brandon Sanderson, mostly cos how the heck does his brain work?! He is writing like a million things at once

Douglas Adams, I think he would be amusing at the table (hopefully)

JRR Tolkien, OBVIOUSLY! And I think he would like me being Finnish, even if I hardly can speak the language.

Rachel Aaron, I just love her heartstriker books so because of that.

Anne Bishop, The Others. 'nuff said

I just realised this is a very spec fic table! Maybe I should have thrown in a tragic Bronte too

22 comments:

  1. That is a very tough question. Beth Hoffman would definitely make my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I think I would try to add Ilona Andrews as well. It could be fun. And Seanan McGuire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think of both of them! But there were just so many good ones

      Delete
  3. great list :D it would def make for an interesting dinner

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a tough question. I have no idea who I would pick but I like your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, how did I guess Ms. Austen would have the place of honor! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'd like Jane Austen and Anne Bishop, but I'd add Robyn Carr, met her in person and she's a hoot. Same goes for Melina Marchetta. Also, Kristen Ashley, Patricia Briggs, Ilona Andrews, Karin Slaughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a feeling mine would be very spec fic, too. Love your picks and would be curious to hear them all chatting with each other, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who hoo! Great minds think alike... I was surprised you had Tolkien as well. I would love to talk to Anne Bishop as well. Toss up between her and the Ilona Andrews duo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Andrews would be fun, she was on my mind

      Delete
  9. What a fun prompt! Damn....I should've done this too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've often thought of this and who I would invite, then I started overthinking it, wondering if a certain author would mesh well with another, which caused me to pull my hair out. (lol) You have a few good choices there too. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, same, yes I was all, how are they are RL, maybe it would be a disaster

      Delete
  11. What a wild question!! I don't know because I'd worry if they'd get along, political views and such. I think Terry Pratchett would be a good one with Douglas Adams. I've always wanted to meet Nalini Singh. I'd also love to spend more time talking with Ilona and Gordon Andrews. hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP