Sunday 25 July 2010

Review: On the way to the wedding - Julia Quinn

 Bridgertons, book 8

Genre: Historical romance
Pages: 320
Published: 2006

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED...
Unlike most men of his acquaintance, Gregory Bridgerton believes in true love. And he is convinced that when he finds the woman of his dreams, he will know in an instant that she is the one. And that is exactly what happened. Except...

She wasn’t the one. In fact, the ravishing Miss Hermione Watson is in love with another. But her best friend, the ever-practical Lady Lucinda Abernathy, wants to save Hermione from a disastrous alliance, so she offers to help Gregory win her over. But in the process, Lucy falls in love. With Gregory! Except...

Lucy is engaged. And her uncle is not inclined to let her back out of the betrothal, even once Gregory comes to his senses and realizes that it is Lucy, with her sharp wit and sunny smile, who makes his heart sing. And now, on the way to the wedding, Gregory must risk everything to ensure that when it comes time to kiss the bride, he is the only man standing at the altar..

I am gonna make this short, I have been reading like crazy and getting the reviews out of the way too ;)

Plot: 
The last of the Bridgerton siblings is looking for love, too bad he finds it in the wrong girl, and never sees his true love before him, before it's too late and she is walking to the altar with another man.

Characters:
Gregory, what should I say, I was rather annoyed that he believed to be madly in love with Hermione, and relentlessly pursued her. Even though she was on love with someone else.Then he was hit by lightning again, and didn't see who it was. Am I cynic when I say that is lust and nothing more. But to his defence, I loved how he believed in true love and wanted to find it, and when he finally understood what love was he was not letting her get away, even if she was to marry someone else.

Lucy, she was rather grey at times, and I am not sure I liked how she didn't want her friend to be with the man she loved, just cos he wasn't noble.

Love:
Gregory sure loves, and falls in love in this one. Lucy is more sensible so do I feel it? Dunno. There is some smexin too, I didn't expect that, the book looked so sweet.

Bad things:
How he fell for a pretty face and that was it.

Good things:
How much he believed in love and wanted it.

Final thoughts:
This was much first Bridgerton book, how funny I should read about the last sibling. Not a series one have to read in order. It was sweet and easy.

Cover thoughts: Cute
Reason for reading: Library


26 comments:

  1. This was also my first Bridgerton book! I enjoyed it, but it's not the best of them - I suggest you go back to the beginning. The first four are definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admittedly, I love the series as a whole, but this was my least favorite of the books, I think. Read the Duke and I, one of the best and then in order, it does matter with the earlier books to read in order for there is a BIG secret disclosed about mid-way in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my least favourites as well. You are in for a treat if you go back and read the whole series now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meghan
    First 4 you say, well will do that :) Since I have read a Quinn before and loved it and know I can love again

    Julie
    A big secret! Omg, I have no idea what that can be, thrilling. Will try to find them in order one day. Thanks for the heads up

    marg
    Funny how you all say that :) I really must check those that came before

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this one was really cute too :) I only read the last three bridgertons, I still have to read the first ones. My fave was When He Was Wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't ever heard of the Bridgerton books, but probably ones that I would skip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and easy, although the plot sounds complicated?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gregory, in a weird way, sound kind of hilarious. . . I think I might like this book. I'd never heard of the Bridgerton books before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so much about this series so its interesting to hear your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds cute..but of course I would have to start with number 1 regardless LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only love certain books in this series: The Duke and I, Romancing Mr. Bridgerton...that's it! I wanted a second read at this book before I confirmed whether it ought to be on my keeper shelf or not. However, I thought it was okay, the first time I read it.

    Since this is your first Bridgerton, I'd recommend the two books I mentioned above.

    Carole
    The Romance Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quote: Am I cynic when I say that is lust and nothing more.


    Oh, we love a cynic! LOL Great stuff!

    I have not read this author's work at all. Might have to see what else I've been missing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes a light and easy read is just what you need. I've got a Julia Quinn book on my shelf that I'll get to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carrie
    I read all those blurbs yesterday and there were some that sounded fun ;)

    Alyce
    I would rather recommend her book What happens in London, that one I loved

    Chris
    Does it? Nah, pretty simple really

    Brizmus
    Lol, I never thought about it like that, but yes he was actually kind of fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carrie
    I read all those blurbs yesterday and there were some that sounded fun ;)

    Alyce
    I would rather recommend her book What happens in London, that one I loved

    Chris
    Does it? Nah, pretty simple really

    Brizmus
    Lol, I never thought about it like that, but yes he was actually kind of fun

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lori
    I did try a middle book once but got upset cos they fell in love, but then he didn't recognize her when she was dressed as a servant...

    Staci
    haha, and here I talked about the sky falling when you had read out of order, and then I go and do the same thing

    Carole
    Many seems to go for that first, so yes I must try and read The Duke and I, cos the blurb does sound fun, I think I would like it

    Sassy
    I am such a cynic sometimes ;) Yesterday while watching a movie I objected and it was bf who believed the plot. Seems he is more a romantic than me

    Alaine
    Julie Queen is sure like that, and I love it, cos I like an easy read

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really need to start reading more Quinn!! I've only read What Happens in London - which I adored.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I'd enjoy this series. Great review :)
    Gregory does sound a bit comical :)

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mandi
    I adored it too :D And now I have Miranda's book

    Naida
    He sure does now when I think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always get annoyed by stories with the premise of someone only realizing when it's almost too late that his/her true love is the best friend he/she ignored for the past X years.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aarti
    I know, if I was the one that hadn't been seen I would be so angry

    ReplyDelete
  22. It seems you have to go and read the first four Blo...

    I am really unable to read a book out of series... I have read Ms. Quinn before, I like her...

    E.h>

    ReplyDelete
  23. EH
    With books like these I can since well it's no surprise who people end up with if I come across a previous couple ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. How cute, your bf is a romantic little soul :) Awww!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sassy
    Lol, I know, who knew :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've never heard of this series but it sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP