Saturday 31 July 2010

Review: Hostage to pleasure - Nalini Singh

 Psy-changelings 5

Genre: paranormal romance
Pages: 330
Published: 2008

Now, as the deadly Psy Council tightens its grip, a rebel Psy scientist finds herself at the mercy of a changeling who has sworn vengeance against her kind...

Ashaya Aleine was separated from her son, forced to create a neural implant that will forever enslave her psychically gifted Psy race. After fighting a desperate battle to save her child and escape the PsyNet, she’s lead not to safety, but into the lethal danger of a sniper’s embrace.

DarkRiver sniper Dorian Christensen lost his sister to a Psy killer. Though he lacks the changeling ability to shift into animal form, his leopard lives within. And that leopard's rage at the brutal loss is a clawing darkness that hungers for vengeance. Falling for a Psy has never been on Dorian's agenda. But charged with protecting Ashaya and her son, he discovers that passion has a way of changing the rules...

This is the reason why I should write reviews at once, this one was left behind not to mention that I started and finished it over some weeks since I had that crazy library loot.

But ok, here we have another psy and changeling falling in love. But this one was different because Ashaya was not like other Psy and therefore it worked better for me. Ashaya wants to save her kid, Dorian helps her, people hunt her, he lusts after her, and she is troubled. In this book another bad guy shows up, a human alliance that wants to take over and sure the Psy sucks but this new alliance is rotten.

What did I get from this book, well there is this rat shifter called Treyan or something, and the freaky thing is that I'd like to see more from him..a rat shifter, I must be crazy. But he sounds cool, the rats are so sneaky and great spies.

I liked Dorian, and here he finally gets saved or looses it since he is really angry with the Psy after his sister getting murdered. So of course he will fall for a Psy who saves him. And I liked her, even with that crazy sister of hers.

Not so much council politics in this one since there were many after them. An ok book and a world I do like. The world is truly the best thing about these books.

Tomorrow I will review Branded by Fire, and yes my fav so far :D

Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: Ok
Reason for reading: Borrowed
Final thoughts: Ok series


15 comments:

  1. B,

    I like this series too. :) I'm a little behind though - I think I have the last 2 books on the shelf.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the Changelings are with kids and Dorian was no exeption on that ;) but then again, this whole series is made of crack for me LOL You're almost caught up with the current release Blodeuedd! I'm pining away for Hawke's story, which is due in 2011 and, if I'm correct, finishes the first story arc within the series. I'm so curious what NS comes up with next in her Psy/Changeling series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hon!

    Interesting review...I'll check it out next time I'm at the book store.

    Hugs
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool review, seems to be an interesting series.

    P.S. I have an award for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, a rat shifter! how interesting!! i've heard a lot of good things about this author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the series does sound good, and i'm really liking that cover!
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle
    And I still have one to go, sadly my friend doesn't have that one :( And then there is the new one soon too yay

    Hawk
    Hi hon, you sure made my day with those cowboys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leontine
    That is so my fav part too, I still remember the first time those cubs came running in book 1. Just loving that.
    Hawke! Omg, I so want that too, I have wanted it sooooooo long..ok a few months lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww thank you irena :D

    Carrie
    Yup you heard me right :) Rat shifter, not exactly cool shifting stuff there, but he makes up for it

    Naida
    It certainly oozes fire at least

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are on a roll with this series. I have a friend I'm going to recommend them to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Staci,
    Lol, it sure looks like I am :) and yes do recommend them

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the ending of this book! And I agree, for a Psy/Changeling pairing, this one was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. VFG
    It sure was, and I am so glad he found a nice mate

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still haven't tried this author, why? I don't know! I love PNR, so maybe I should look up a couple of her books? LOL My TBB list is too heavy to carry around.

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dottie
    Since you love PNR..then yes what are you waiting for! ;) Lol, think you might enjoy these books

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP