Thursday 15 July 2010

Review: Caressed by Ice - Nalini Singh

 Psy-changeling, book 3

Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages: 361
Published: 2007

As an Arrow, an elite soldier in the Psy Council ranks, Judd Lauren was forced to do terrible things in the name of his people. Now he is a defector, and his dark abilities have made him the most deadly of assassins - cold, pitiless, unfeeling. Until he meets Brenna...

Brenna Shane Kincaid was an innocent before she was abducted - and had her mind violated - by a serial killer. Her sense of evil runs so deep, she fears she could become a killer herself. Then the first dead body is found, victim of a familiar madness. Judd is her only hope, yet her sensual changeling side rebels against the inhuman chill of his personality, even as desire explodes between them. Shocking and raw, their passion is a danger that threatens not only their hearts, but their very lives...


Sadly Judd didn't win me over, I mean he was yummy, but now think I know which books I may like from this series. The whole Psy are evil, and the council are making plans part, yes that part I find a bit boring. What I do love is the romance, and the changeling world.

In this we meet Brenna who was rescued from an evil Psy serial killer, but she is having trouble getting back into life, and fear she might be ending up evil. Then there is Judd, all ice and Psy calm. A former assassin who knows that Silence probably saved him from ending up a serial killer. And now a new killer is loose and Brenna is leaning on Judd, who is slowly leaning back.

Ok so yes my fav part is the love, but that depends, cos the slowly are so damn cold. Why anyone even bother beats me, Judd, him I could deal with, I think the guys work better for me. The problem here was that he was called ice-man now and again, and I had flashes of a certain Finnish former fomula 1 driver, and I went all ugh, noooo!

What I really enjoy about these books are the day to day changeling world, they are so sweet, but at the same time so aggressive if anyone hurts someone of theirs. In this book there was this cute scene about a little boy running and hiding, and doing that behind Judd, and then crawling his way up him. It was just adorable. Those are the best scenes.

But I did like this one better than book 2, yes mostly cos of Judd. Anyway, tomorrow I will post a review of book 4, and that one is my fav so far. Less psy drama, more love drama.

Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: If one of the books looked like this I could deal, but not when all do!
Reason for reading: Borrowed from a friend
Final thoughts: I wish there were changelings in this world.


Edit: Sandra Leesmith, contact me asap, or I have to draw another winner for The Fire Lord's Lover


21 comments:

  1. "Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: If one of the books looked like this I could deal, but not when all do!"

    Ah, but check out the US cover!

    http://www.nalinisingh.com/caressed.html

    Also, the rest of her covers…

    http://www.nalinisingh.com/books.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh I LOVE Judd. I think I have a thing for Cold heroes lol I really like Brenna and how she was the one trying to get him.

    I'm nearly done reading book 4, it's not my favorite so far but I really like Clay. Purring Changelings make me happy LOL
    I'll be looking for your next review =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Gasp* Judd didn't win you over?! Oh poor Judd! I'm beside myself at the moment. So much so that I didn't make it past that first sentence...

    ...okay I think I'm over most of the shock, I'm going back to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Blodeuedd, I gotta agree. Sometimes the Psy pairings become a bit boring in that they tend to be of a more formulaic romance. Like you, I enjoy the Changelings better with Book 4 and Book 6 being my ultimate favorites.

    Great review girl and thanks for the morning shocker. LOL!

    Hugs, VFG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart Judd *sigh* Glad you're enjoying yourself a bit with this series and I'll be back to read your review of MtP, one of my all time faves in this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MS bookjunkie
    The US cover are so much better, I have book 1 in US cover :=) The Uk ones, dunno what they were thinking there.

    Pattepoilue
    Cold heroes works soooo much better for me than cold heroines. I liked how he made Brenna feel :)
    I love it when they go miau and yes purr, awwwww, why can't bf purr?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Blodeuedd LOL you could ask him to!! Bwaahahha
    Oh yes it works better for me too, I like it better for a man. And Brenna was so full of life and feelings *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. VFG
    Poor thing, did you run away from the shock! I know it was a grave one. I humbly apoligize, it will not happen again.

    Oh yes I have book 6 coming up too, my friend tells me she loved it, and the only thing I had to ask was if they got cubs or kittens ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leontine
    Hopefully it will be up tomorrow, just gotta write it before it all slips my mind ;)

    Pat (gotta try a shorter name for you ;)
    Hm *looks back* perhaps I should ask him hehe. Since I for some freaky reason does purr, but that is just cos I like cats so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your review B. I've still got this this one and book 4 waiting patiently on my bookshelf, *sigh* another series to get a move on with LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judd didn't win me over, either. But I do like the cover on your book better than the US version!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol I enjoyed your cover corner thoughts B.

    I've had these books in the stacks for so long collecting dust. *hangs head in shame*

    I must get reading and see what I think of Ms. Singh's world.

    Great review - I'll look forward to your thoughts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This isn't my cup of tea, but I'm liking the cover. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. too by Judd didn't do much for you...I'm loving that cover though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi B

    I haven't read any of these books yet, and they sound good. I've had them in my hands and I always put them back. Should I actually buy one? I'm so torn, LOL! I think I'd like them... Everyone raves about how good they are, Judd and Brenna (love that name) sound interesting too. Damn, guess I'll have to try around series...

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read this books, but nice review Blodeuedd!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teddyree
    I seriously had a little talk with myself today about not starting a bunch of new series ;)

    Chris
    If I could choose I would take this one, it's just all look the same aspect that bothers me

    Lea
    Yes hurry on over and find out what you thing about this world. The changelings are hard to resists, they purr and I go all weak.
    Cover corner thoughts are my fav hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anna
    it does look cool, but I like diversity :)

    Staci
    Poor Judd, I think I might have heard too much about his glory, but he did make me melt

    Dottie
    Can't help you there, but book 1 was worth reading so start there and see how you feel ;)

    Host
    Thanks! Since I made my friend obsessed she bought all that were out at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, no fun when the guy doesn't win you over. Great cover though - love those blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved the first book in this series, but still haven't read the second or any other books in the series. Not sure what it is exactly that I am waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dar
    He does have pretty eyes, I could get lost in those ;)

    Marg
    I know about that, sometimes you just do not read..even if you want to. Like me with some books

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP