Wednesday 5 January 2011

Review: Then He Kissed Me - Christie Ridgway

Three Kisses, book 2

Genre: Contemporary romance
Pages: 304
Published: January 4th 2011 Berkley

The three Baci sisters are on a mission to save the family winery by transforming it into a wedding destination. When Stevie Baci playfully names her own side business Napa Princess Limousine, she never dreams she'll be driving a real prince around Napa Valley.

Jacques Parini, aka "Jack", is looking to expand his family's wine interests. But after kissing Stevie, he finds this California girl in a black chauffeur's hat does more than drive him crazy.

Plot:
Stevie gets roped into arranging her ex fiancé's wedding to his princess bride. She is not too happy about that, and less happy is she about Prince Jack who seems to be everywhere she is.

My thoughts:
I truly must read more contemporary romance, it is so refreshing, and real, and still fairytale love, awww.

This is the second book, but I jumped right in and missed nothing. In the last book the first Baci sister found true love, and in this one it is time for Stevie, the tomboy to find her love. She always played with boys, and she is not seen as the most feminine person around, she also hides her feeling. But I liked her, she was perfect as she was, and behind that mask she hid a lot. Then there is the playboy prince from Europe, oh every woman should get to kiss a prince, so of course I liked him. Especially when they both start to realise how strong the attraction truly is between them.

There is also the sidestory with princess Roxanne and her groom, Emmerson, or shall we say Stevie's ex. What I did not like is how fast that happened, and truth be told, I never did see the attraction there between them. On the other hand I did not care, if it is there it is, if not then it is not.  Dunno of I liked her either. Anyway I was more focused on the main couple and not these two getting ready for their wedding. There was also some drama with Stevie's older sister, and that looks to be a good third book.

They are hiding a lot of feelings in this book. Stevie from way back, and Jack is still dealing with a kidnapping that happened when he was younger. It is not a whirlwind romance, there is lust, doubt about the lust, and exploring the lust.

Final thoughts and recommendation.
Oh, yes I wanna give this one a 4, I am so contemporary romance starved. It was so wonderful to read about real people in my own era. And I am such a sucker for a woman who falls for a prince, I always loved that scenario. The book was fun, romantic, and with a nice feeling all the way through. It also made me wonder about the next book, and made me wanting to read it. Because I liked her style.

Reason for reading:
He is a prince ;)

Cover:
Not perfect, but still lovely, and he is making a heart with his hands, awwww.


26 comments:

  1. This sounds so cute, despite the craptastic cover (in my humble opinion haha) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like a cute read. I don't read much contemporary romance either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not like the cover. It's weird! :) ha! But I do like the sound of the story. And yes, like you, I love it when a woman or girl falls in love with a prince. Such fun! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so cute! i only read contemporaries every so often, but I think i might need to read this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! Now I feel like picking up a compemporary romance novel myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your review. So lustful. ;) True, there is not that much contemporary romance I read especially with a prince. Sounds like a cute lustful tale. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why but I like reading your reviews even if they deal with books which I would not enjoy reading...this one seems cute and nice but sorry, falling for a prince in my books does not qualify as a real-life romance. It's a fairy tale. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this author's contemporaries that were knitting themed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa
    Lol, yes could have been better, but look at his hands awww :)

    Mystica
    It was, and I do wanna read more from thsi genre.

    Vivienne
    It's a shame really, I should read more. It's either chick-lit, or more women's fiction, and sometimes a contemporary sneaks in

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nina
    Lol ;)
    I know right, loe the concept, it has me falling for it every time. Who wouldn't want a prince of their own.

    Carrie
    I am so going to be better this year, and try to read more. Lately I have been on such a UF roll.

    Jenny
    I hope you do, they are always so sweet and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa
    That's true, and this prince was half-american too, oh and not a crownprince. So I liked that.

    Ana
    Lol, that is why I put in fairy-tale there too ;) But to be honest, all contemporary romance are fairy-tales. They are always so fast, sweet and perfect

    Chris
    Those do seem fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love contemporary romances and this author is almost always good. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love contemps and this cover caught my eye more than once. Hmmm...I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket - I think I'm going to pick up this series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find the cover cheesy.. The plot sounds so awesome though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yvonne
    I am sure you would enjoy this one :)

    Patti
    Ohhh, gcs burning holes, not good, you must buy books at once ;)

    Inked
    It is very common, that's for sure, lol, still half liking it cos of his hands .)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read a lot of contemporary romance but when I do I usually enjoy it and this one sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Staci
    I am truly gonna make an effort to read more this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I recently read a contemporary romance too and was like, why don't I read these more? Because they are awesome aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amused
    Lol, I know, why I am stuck in the Middle Ages? Or in werewolf land? I should read more contemporaries :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another great cover and it does sound like a sweet romance.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Naida
    I do like the hands :)
    And such a lovely romance

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oy, I have so many reviews of yours to catch up on...

    You like the whole fall for a prince thang? XD It's cool to find you with a contemporary read.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Redd
    I have been reading like crazy lately! I started out so well when I was ill and read a book a day, and I can't stop ;)

    Hihi, yes I like a princes now and then

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP