Monday 17 January 2011

Review: Yours for the Taking - Robin Kaye

Genre: Contemporary romance
Pages: 384
Published: Jan 2011 Sourcebooks Casablanca


Gina is convinced that he is either gay... or her perfect match

Administrative assistant Gina accepts a marriage of convenience with gallery owner Ben Walsh so she can get out of debt. Besides, with his beautiful apartment, art collection, and impressive culinary skills, Gina's convinced the sexy bachelor is gay. Ben needs to be married before the year is out to prevent his grandfather from selling his inheritance, so he takes Gina to meet his grandfather in Idaho-or, as the city girl refers to it, Hell on Earth. But there Gina realizes Ben's every bit a hot, straight man, and Ben begins to think a real marriage with Gina just might be possible after all...

Plot:
Good blurb.

My thoughts:
This is the fourth book in the Domestic Gods series, but I promise you dear book-OCD people, it works wonderfully as a stand-alone.

Gina is as he calls is a fiery little Latin pixie. She is sure stubborn, and she is used to taking care of herself. She doesn't need help from anyone. Ben is the perfect man, so she believes he is gay. Because he can dress (well not in Idaho she finds out), he can cook, and he is everything a man should be. He needs a wife, she doesn't want to marry, but he does offer her a lot of money and since he is "gay" what is the harm.  That is the twist, she thinks he is gay, but will find out that he is not when certain areas of him does not behave ;)

It was a sweet, dramatic and passionate romance. It starts of rocky, then it gets passionate when she realizes what is going on, and then it gets dramatic because they married for all the wrong reasons. It is not a way to build a relationship on. And she has some big issues going on with her past.

I really enjoyed reading about them in the mountains at his ranch, and that was lovely. And while there she meets his extended family. Those men have some potential for sure. They kind of scream, write about us too! I hope she does.

My own issues, not much really, I guess it did bother me that she went to thinking he is gay at once. But hey we needed the drama, and she was a bit broken inside, but the better for him to try to fix her.

Recommendation and final thoughts:
A great contemporary romance. I would say give it a go, there are great men, romance, and in this one, a bit of a cowboy vibe. I do like a man in a hat. It was a good book, hard to put down, and a couple that belonged to each other, but could not see it.

Reason for reading
I have heard good things about the previous books

Cover:
It is a bit too white for me, but I like the flowers, perhaps they picked them at the ranch :)



PS. Robin Kaye is coming by on the 28th for an interview .


26 comments:

  1. Thank God for books that work as stand-alone novels! That's a huge pet-peeve for me. This sounds like a fun adventure...I'm totally adding it to my list. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, who DOESN'T like a man in a hat :D I have the earlier books in the series on my eReader so I'm sure I'll read this at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Robin Kayes work. This sounds like a good romance.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice romance book as far as these go...thanks for your splendid review! I happen also to agree with Melissa (i swim for oceans) - there are too many series on the book market nowadays. A nice part of a series which can be also a stand-alone is simply priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually read one or two of the books in this series!

    *waits for Blodeuedd to recover*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! man in a hat huh? yum =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to try this one. It sounds quite cute. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm the whole marriage cause he's gay bit isn't working for me. And sadly, I dropped this author at book two because I just couldn't get past it. Her plots are bit contrived for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The plot reminds me of something I read fairly recently. Just can't remember what. It was another "fake" marriage that turned out to be a really good match. This one sounds enjoyable too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds so cute and funny. I love that it is a stand alone too. Maybe they will pick more flowers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. confused now. Who is gay? Him or her?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like such a fun read!! Robin Kaye is such a delightful author. Adding this to my wish list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa
    I know, I am always worried, but here, well contemporary romance is another thing, and if I hadn't known there were other books I would not have thought it was a series

    Mary
    Hihi, I know right, I do love a man in a cowboy hat ;) Enjoy the earlier ones!

    Naida
    I sure wanna go back and read the previous ones now

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ana
    Fantasy is one thing, I get a series there, and UF, but I do like when HR and romance can stand on their own, and then if one wants one can pick up the earlier ones :)

    Chris
    *faints from the shock*
    I do not know what to say, were there some hidden m/m loving I missed, lol

    Larissa
    Lol, it does not take much to make me swoon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie
    I remember seeing reviews last year, and the year before and wanting to read this series. Glad I did :)

    VFG
    All women in all the books thinks the men are gay?

    Carol
    I like a good fake marriage, well if it turns out ok that is

    ReplyDelete
  16. Melissa
    I am sure they will go and pick some more flowers :)
    It was great to just jump in, sure I recognized the name of earlier people but that did not matter

    Vivienne
    No one is gay. She just thinks he is because he has a nice home, amazing clothes, and can cook...and he does not say no when she says so because it will help him get her to marry him.

    April
    I was sure amused by this tale :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got sick of the whole gay thing too...but at least it wasn't a big deal when she finally mentioned it. It was cute..I want Trapper's story!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one sounds pretty good actually!!! I agree with you about the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sometimes you crack me up! Love your first line about OCD people -- too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These sound so good. I do have them in my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol Book OCD people... so, you know who we are then1 Stand alone books that are also in a series... rock LOL

    Hugs!

    I've had a few internet issues lately, been a right bugger it has... pardon my rudeness. As you can see I am back! LOL

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mandi
    Lol, yes I like how they just jumped at each other after that. And yes, I do want Trapper's story too :D

    Staci
    I am very much in the mood for some contemporary romance :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dc
    Hihi, I am glad you like that ;)

    Yvonne
    I hope you enjoy them, and I am sure you will!

    Sassy
    Yay, Sassy is back :D Evil internet that is keeping you away!
    And yes I know who you all are ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. this sounds cute!! thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Domestic Gods is right, I love the men in this series. I've read the first two books so am behind but i remember Ben so looking forward to reading his story.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carrie
    Been reading contemporary romance this month :)

    Jenny
    He was quite the man ;) I am very curious about those previous books now too

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP