Tuesday 4 January 2011

Review: A werewolf in Manhattan - Vicki Lewis Thompson

A Wild about You Novel

Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages: 336
Published: January 4th 2011 Signet Eclipse

Emma Gavin writes about werewolves, but that doesn't mean she believes in them-not until a pack of real-life New York weres decide to investigate the striking accuracy of her "fiction".

When Aiden Wallace, son and heir of the pack leader, tries to sniff out Emma's potential informant, he discovers something even more dangerous- an undeniable attraction to her.

Plot:
Emma Gavin is a celebrated author and she writes about sexy werewolves. But the truth is that too many of her facts are true and Aiden Wallace has been following her around for months trying to figure out how she knows about their secrets. When they spend some more time together they realize that they want more.

My thoughts:
Aww, the book was really sweet and cute, and with some hot passion too. 

Emma spends most of her time writing, and having sex sometimes with her boring boyfriend. She is sure not living the passionate life of her heroines. And I did start to think that she needed that. Aiden Wallace is the big wolf of the story, he takes care of security for the pack and he is wealthy as sin. His future does not involve a human, but oh how attracted he is to her. Sparks are flying and he can't almost not control himself.

The book has this sweet vibe that I really enjoyed. Then there is some drama because of a stalker, and of course the whole "how do you know about weres" situation. Top that with some mind-blowing passion, because it becomes evident that these two are meant to be.

One problem, that wasn't really a problem, but still annoyed me a tad was that when she found out that everything was true (no spoiler there cos come on), she wanted to know more and to write..right, when your life could possible be in danger? I would kind of have said, ok, and then started to write about vamps ;) But then that was also good of her. Emma was strong and she did not back down.


Final thoughts and recommendation:
I do think this one becomes a 3,75 cos it was just so darn cute, and I would recommend it to paranormal romance lovers. The book is more light and humour mixed with passion, and this concept sure worked well for me. I enjoyed this tale and I would like to read more.

Reason for reading:
Truthfully..the cover did it for me.

Cover: 
Adorable.

Copy from the publisher


32 comments:

  1. This definitely sounds cute - a bit more romantic than I'm accustomed to, but still great! Excellent review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma and werewolves..lol. sounds like a fantastic romantic story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, you're right this is a concept I can work with.

    Thanks for the support while I was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma and what? Oh dear, I thought it was another J.A. variation novel. Good review but I don't know, I am not exactly into romance these days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, this sounds like something I need to get. It sounds so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember reading quite a few books by this author and enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cover too...maybe I'll read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary
    It was :)

    Melissa
    I do like my romance, I think this should be my romance month, last one was so kick-ass, lol

    Nina
    Lol, now you got me thinking about Jane Austen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inked
    Glad to see ya back :D I hope you had time to rest some and have fun

    Ana
    Haha, no, that thought only hit me in the comments.
    No fluff you say, well I can get that

    Thanks Sadako!

    Vivienne
    No worries, sure it was hot, but not hot hot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa
    It was the kind of PNR I could like :)

    Chris
    I really should check out more about what she has written before

    Staci
    Isn't it just soooo cute :D I love the way they made it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I think I have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. :-) sounds like a good time. your reading is so different from mine, it's always fun to read about what you're reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh it sounds delightful!
    Thanks so much for the review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hmm, I think this would be cuteness overload ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love fun, sweet, romantic books so I'm definitely wanting to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amused
    Go ahead :)

    Marie
    Lol, I feel the same on your blog. I do like regular fiction, but you always have such variety

    Carrie
    It was .)

    Kelly
    Thanks! I do love a fun book, and sweet, and passionate ;)

    Elysium
    Fear not, nothing cute about weres attacking or when they did the nasty, lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a light, fun one. And I do love werewolves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenny
    They are sure the best...ok, I shouldn't say that, I love all genres :D

    Carol
    One have to love a were. They are just so so..alpha

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice review! I saw this cover a while back and it totally caught my attention! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Larissa
    I saw it too :) And I do love covers like these

    ReplyDelete
  21. Write while in danger? Yah you're right. That would irk me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Juju
    At least she was really really committed to her work, lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute cover! This sounds like a book I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Darlene
    I think you could too :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Naida
    So very cute :) And the cover sets the tone for the book too, cute, fun..but passion too

    ReplyDelete
  26. One problem, that wasn't really a problem, but still annoyed me a tad was that when she found out that everything was true (no spoiler there cos come on), she wanted to know more and to write..right, when your life could possible be in danger? I would kind of have said, ok, and then started to write about vamps ;)

    *snickers* That's what I love about you..just tell it, chica. XD

    You give me soo many to add to my tbr list and you made this one sooo my cupa tea. =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Redd
    Aye you know I will do just that ;)
    I have sure been reading a lot of fun books lately

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP