Monday 22 August 2011

Review: Crossroads - Moira Rogers + guestblogging

Series: Southern Arcana #2
Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages:  228 (ebook)
Published: 2010
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Source: For review

Coming from a family with psychic gifts, Derek Gabriel was aware of but separate from the dangers of the supernatural world, until a rogue wolf shifter stripped away his humanity. The change he barely survived didn’t drive him insane, but the cultural bias against him as an inferior transformed wolf might. And it doesn’t help that he’s fallen for the daughter of the most powerful wolf in the country.


Almost from the moment she was born, Nicole Peyton started planning her escape from the strict confines of elite shapeshifter society, an old-fashioned world where women are valued only for their bloodlines and bank accounts. In New Orleans she has a bar she loves, friends in decidedly low places, and a smoldering sensual tension with an incredibly attractive and deliciously unsuitable man. Their forbidden longing erupts into unbridled need—until Nick’s sister burns into town with a strike team hard on her heels. Saving her means Nick has to play by the Conclave’s rules…and give up the man she is growing to love. Unless Derek does something completely crazy—issue a challenge that could shake the foundations of their world.
My thoughts:
I really should write reviews at once, this time I waited three days and that is not good. But I hope I can do the book justice anyway.

In this book we get more of the politics and honestly those shifter bosses are such asses. But then men in power (and women) tend to be that. I liked Nicole, the heroine because she wanted out of that stuffy old world who only wanted her to choose a mate from one of their own sons. But she does have a weakness and that is love, her sister and just doing what she feels is right. Still who could not admire her.

The hero Derek, was turned shifter so to the bluebloods he is just a mutt. And he has liked Nick for a long long time. He is all a man should be, nice, protective of his loved ones, and hot. Together these two will create a little bit of magic of their own.

Even if I do like the big romance, there is so much more to like too. All the side characters are just love, like Kit and Andrew who sure flirt a lot with each other, and Alec, oh he sure won me over in this book and I really want to read his book. He is so alpha and mysterious. When he is near I forget everyone else, yes, awesome side character.

Back to the story. So much will happen. I wish I could tell you all, but that would sure spoil things. But prepare for surprises, heartache and victory.

The world is rich and with lots to explore. The bad guys are bad, but still normal. The passion is great, the friendships wonderful and it was a joy to read.

Conclusion:
I do think I liked this one more than book 1, or is that just because I am in some sort of I want Alec’s book haze? Lol, well book 1 was good and this one is even better then. I do hope the trend continue.

Rating:
Good

Cover:
Nice 



-----------------------------


And yes I am somewhere today too. Anachronist invited me to come to her blog Books as portable pieces of thought and talk about chick-lit, and yes romance for women in general. She has her essay, I have my thoughts and there is also a piece from Melissa from Books and Things. So come on over and check it out


here :D


Lol, I was looking at a fun pic to go with my notice and found this 


27 comments:

  1. Awww. Derek my be the underdog (haha) but he still seems like a great match for Nick. And the secondary characters do sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I don't write my 1st draft review after I finished the book I will set myself up for utter review fail! ;) I'm off to see what you've guestblogged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to make notes now as I read the book otherwise I forget everything I need to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The side characters sound great and speaking of which I'm behind in writing reviews myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Derek in book one, I'm really excited to read his story! I love when secondary characters are as fun and intriguing as the main romantic pair:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I have won this book recently, but still have to read book 1 first. Or do you think I can read it as a stand alone?
    Glad you like the series though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always good when series always get better as they move along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still an excellent review :) I will definitely stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try to write my reviews shortly after finishing a book too, but it doesn't actually happen often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I want this series. I so need to just go and buy them all! I also love it when a second book is stronger than the first. :)

    Oh and can I say that the pic at the bottom is HILARIOUS? Oh I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a weakness for the side characters too. Sounds like a cute series that I NEED to check out. I haven't read a good werewolf book in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I want to read werewolf books but I don't have any... This sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missie
    I do love a book that has great secondary characters :D
    And lol yes Derek can be very alpha when he needs to


    @Leontine
    I know, I usually do it. Or the day after but here I waited 3 days just cos the review would not be up for a week


    @Vivienne
    I do not wanna do that :( Therefore I write them usually at once

    @Jenny N
    Oh no...*headdesk* I was supposed to write one today. Ok tomorrow then

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jenny
    I do love that too :D Sure this book was N and D's but I still loved how the others made me want more


    @Aurian
    Hm, well sure they talk about things that passed, but in a way yes it could be read like that


    @Amused
    Just like they should do :=D


    @Jenny Girl
    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carol
    I do it 90 % of the time, but that is because I write a review and post. The times it does not happen are the times when the review is not published the same day


    Melissa
    Yay, I do hope you do and that you like them :D

    Hihi, I know! So funny. I just had to post it


    Carole
    I do love my shifters, they are just so very very alpha

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pic at the bottom is simply too precious to miss! Thanks for being my guest!

    Crossroads - maybe. I like it when the second book is better than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! I'm sure shoulder unicorns will now be all the rage on romance covers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww - I love Derrick! I love this series, glad to see you're enjoying it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know I've been hearing great things of Moira Rogers. But I have not read any of her books. Sounds like a great read. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. This one sounds like it has a bit of everything! Great review, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a pretty cover!!!

    hahahhaha at the pic at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I either write random thoughts as I am reading or I have to write my review right after finishing it. I have some reviews that I'm waiting till later to post but I had to write the reviews ahead of time.

    Great review. I, of course, am not familiar with the series. I'm so out of the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I heard awesome things about Moira Rogers! And this sounds awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ana
    Lol, glad you liked it ;)
    Thank you for inviting me! :D it was my pleasure

    I do like that to, shows great promise when it happens


    @Steph
    Of course, they are a total must have


    @Patti
    I am so happy cos I won book 3, wohooo, more for me


    @Melissa
    What else is good that they are not really PNR more like a PNR mixed with UF

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Melissa Swim
    I do like that about a book


    @carrie
    I know, I really like the covers


    @Alexis
    I have no idea what kept me that day....hm, very well, i got it done. Sometimes you are just busy. And I am horrid sometimes.


    @Nina
    She, I mean they are good :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't know if I'm really into the whole wolf shifter thing yet, but this does sound like a good romance.

    lol about that romance novel cover pic! very true!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP