Tuesday 23 August 2011

Review: The Bride of Casa Dracula - Marta Acosta

Series: Casa Dracula #3
Genre: Humour/Paranormal romance with a twist
Pages: 268
Published: 2008
Publisher: Gallery Simon & Schuster
Source: Bought

Milagro De Los Santos is having serious problems planning her wedding to fabulous Oswald Grant, M.D. Her future in-laws loathe her, her dog just died, and Oswald's family has a genetic anomaly that makes them crave blood. Then her extravagant best friend hijacks the role of wedding coordinator, and the secretive Vampire Council assigns conniving Cornelia Ducharme to guide the couple through the ancient vampire marriage rituals.
To top it all off, Milagro's career is on the skids. She's reduced to ghost-writing the memoirs of a loony little man who claims to be a shapeshifter. And why does Cornelia's decadent, way too attractive brother, Ian, always show up whenever Milagro is away from Oswald? When a series of accidents interferes with wedding plans, Oswald worries that Milagro is cracking under the pressure. Is she just paranoid, or is a hidden enemy trying to make sure Milagro doesn't wed the undead?

My thoughts:
First I have to post what Acosta herself called her books: comedies-of-manners, or romantic comedies with lots of chaos, confusion, charming villains, eccentrics, and flirting. Which really fits since this is not the normal kind of paranormal romance. Far from it. I just want to called it a witty romantic comedy involving humans who like blood and as Acosta said lots of flirting. 

Read her books! Lol, honestly they are so funny. I just love Milagros, she is witty, she has curves, she flirts, she has opinions and I think I really would enjoy having her as a friend.

Her men, oh I do like Oswald but, yes there is that but, he is just so nice and normal. Can he truly keep up with this crazy Latina when he is just so waspy. But she does love him and is marrying him and he does do a great job keeping up with her. But then there is goddamn Ian Ducharme as Oswald calls him. He is like fine wine, ok forget since I hate wine. He is like a yummy chocolate that melts in your mouth and makes you crave more and more. He makes you blood pump in your veins and he is just delicious. And he wants her *faints*.

Right the story, well as I said they are getting married and making preparations. She has to deal with the council who does not approve of her since she is the only human who was turned (a little mistake) and lived. And someone is after her. She is also ghost-writing for a freaky guy. All as is should be in Milagros universe.

All in all a highly enjoyable book that makes you want more. The way it ends, well it does end with an ending and you could be happy there. But there is one more after it so yay.

Conclusion:
Just read it, come one you know you want to! Start with book 1, you will not be sorry. You will smile, laugh and hopefully think Ian is as delicious as I find him. The book is witty and so just impossible to put down. I do wonder what happens in book 4, I mean..ohhhhhhhhh.

Rating:
I do think I made it clear. Read it :) I could not put it down.

Cover:
Fun :D





33 comments:

  1. Yay for books that make you laugh! I always love a romance that has a lot of humor mixed in:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read and enjoyed that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi B!

    Marta Acosta is one of my favorite authors, and I have to say, I love every one of her awesome books. Her dialogue cracks me up! Milagro is so saucy, she doesn't hold back, and I think that's why I love her so much. I'd love to take her shopping and people watch, lol. She'd make a great friend.

    Glad you're enjoying her books and great review!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'll try to find the time. Was not sure after your previous review (was that part 2 or part 1?), but now I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I will get this series :) Sounds super good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So should I read it? :) Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You temptress you! I cannot add three more books to my tbr pile can I? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this does sound like fun. I love a fun paranormal romance. I really should get all her books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds fun and it reminds me of another vampire series that I read a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, I have the first book of this series on my kindle. So happy this seems like such a fun series to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Jenny
    I love that too. I think I really need humour with some books and especially when it comes to paranormal, it makes it sooo much better :D


    @Chris
    So fun :)


    @Dottie
    I totally adore Milagros, she would be so fun to be around. And the dialogue is just great.

    I do hope she writes more cos she is just awesome! Gotta love funny books

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Aurian
    Yes part 2 and as you see book 3 is great too


    @veens
    Yay, it is!


    @carrie
    Hihi, I do love cute.


    @carol
    I think that is a big yes from me

    ReplyDelete
  13. @mari
    *sending tempting vibes*


    @melissa
    yes you should. They are just so very different, not like anything else out there


    @jenny
    Oh, can you remember which one?


    @Mel
    Good for you :D I hope you read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. The right sense of humour saved not one fluffy romance for me so yes, I might try it even though...well, you know me so I won't repeat myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Between the WASP and the chocolate, guess who I would choose? Yup, chocolate every time. Even though he's called Ducharme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love witty books! This sounds like a goodie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This does sound like a cute series!
    'He is like a yummy chocolate that melts in your mouth and makes you crave more and more.'<- you've definitely peaked my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a fun read. I do love abook that makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, you know I have heard these books are just a blast to read....with an open fun mind. :) Thanks for the great review. I'm going to have to remember this one when I need a pick me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so love the sound of this one - books that make you laugh are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How did you know that I want to read this one. I love the U.S. covers for this series, and I'm glad to know the stories are as fun as they look.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't usually read paranormal, but if it's handled with humor, it just might appeal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. If this is a guaranteed crack up then I'll definitely have to put this series on my wishlist. Even your review made me smile LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Ana
    Lol, well I would not call this one fluffy, and I know my fluff. Ok that just sounds weird, and I never know with you :)


    @Steph
    o_O I never saw that! Lol Ducharme, I am so blind sometimes. Maybe it was too French in my head.


    @Amused
    it is :D Witty is the best



    @Naida
    hihi, well he was delicious. So dark and mmmmmmmm



    @Alexis
    It is :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Dana
    A reader need a few laughs too :D


    @Melissa
    I do hope you try it one day


    @Missie
    Such a cute and fun cover. It does say read me and yes they are just as fun inside


    @Bermuda
    It certainly brings something extra to the table


    @teddy
    Yay, I am glad it did. I hope it was not only cos I melted cos of Ian ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Although I don't read a lot of PNR this series sounds like so much fun that I really want to give it a try. I might just go ahead and order myself the first book in the series to see how I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. *grinning*
    you know the title just tickles too ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww, sounds like a cute book. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  29. Simcha
    I hope you do and that you enjoy it :D the witty style is just the best


    VV
    Aye it's good


    Carole
    I do recommend it

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, everyone! Thanks for the kind words about my books. I was happy to give Milagro a really happy ending in Haunted Honeymoon, Book 4 and the conclusion to the series.

    As for Ian, I got the Ducharme name from one of my gardening magazines. Just opened it up and said, yes, that will do. He and his sister Cornelia were inspired by the charming and decadent siblings, Henry and Mary Crawford, in Jane Austen's Mansfield Park. I always like charming and decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I must have read that somewhere cos I did think about those two :)
    Yay Jane Austen reference, lol, well I do love her.

    I can't wait for Haunted

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP