Friday 9 March 2012

Keeping Grace alive - Annie Lee

Series: Pocono Mountains series #1
Genre: Romantic suspense 
Published: June 2011
Review by Lis


Keeping Grace Alive is the first in the Pocono Mountain series and what a start it is. It’s romance at it’s hottest. If it wasn’t so hot here already it would have burned the house down around me. 

Keeping Grace Alive is pretty much lives up to its title. It’s mainly about socialite and rebel Grace, who got on the bad side of her wannabe politician-but crime lord behind closed doors step-father. Thinking of finally getting rid of Gracie, Rudy orders a hit on her. Enter sexy as hell, yummie-schmummy hitman Jesse Connors. Fortunately for Gracie, Jesse is smitten and rather wants Grace in his bed than in her grave. However, keeping Gracie alive proves to be a not so easy task. 

Judging by the title, you’d think this is a pretty straightforward romance story. While that is true, it also has a few more layers that gives a few curves to this story. Which is, of course, why I really liked reading this story. Keeping me entertained with a m-f story is no longer an easy task as I get easily bored with the airheaded bimbo’s. 

While Gracie is a socialite, fortunately for her, she’s a likable one. As is Jesse. Bother character have their faults, but they are perfect for each other. In a way they complete each other. Jesse may be a hitman, bit holy damn shit, he’s a sweet one. If all hitmen were like him I may have to order a hit one someone myself! While Jessie and Gracie are perfect for each other they have that Romeo and Juliet thing going on it that they can’t be together. It’s for you to find out if they get their heads on straight and if Gracie survives her step-ass’ shenanigans!

(Yes, this means I loved the story and that I can really recommend it!)


Rudy Talbot, head of one of America's largest organized crime rings, hires his main hit man, Jessie Conners, to kill his step-daughter Grace. Jessie Conners is a seasoned hitman who has never missed a hit before. That is, until he met Gracie five years ago and fell in love with her. Gracie is a rebellious socialite in her mid-twenties. Refusing to marry the current Senator's son, Phillip Proctor, Gracie stands in the way of Rudy Talbot and his political dreams. Rudy knows both Jessie and Phillip have feelings for Gracie. Attempting to play the two men off of each other, Rudy's plan backfires when Jessie stages an abduction to whisk Gracie to safety. But Conner's had no idea that falling in love with Gracie would lead to the seemingly impossible task of keeping Gracie alive as her own medical conditions and step-father threaten her every move. Hiding her in his Pocono Mountain cabin, it soon becomes apparent that the only person who can keep Gracie alive is herself. And the only thing that guarantees her safety, going back and facing her past, will most likely get her killed. Jessie Conners goes against everything he knows in a struggle to save the love of his life. Suspense, mystery, and romance await readers of Keeping Grace Alive.



-----------------------------

My flash fiction for this week

19 comments:

  1. Enter sexy as hell, yummie-schmummy hitman Jesse Connors. Fortunately for Gracie, Jesse is smitten and rather wants Grace in his bad than in her grave.

    He wants her where? In his bad??? Do correct the typos ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be mean now Ana, I am sure Lis wrote this during the flood, in the heat, sleeping on the floor, being delirious from the lack of something.

      Delete
    2. Well, mostly the broken laptop is to blame :P And bad = bath in Dutch!

      Delete
  2. YEAH! This is soooooooooooooooo right up my alley :) YEAH YEAH YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I am also pretty sick of airhead bimbos as protagonists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lis :D You saved my week as I have been a lazy reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yer welcome. I was mostly glad I had the time!

      Delete
  5. I figured this would be about someone ill or something along those lines. lol. It might be a little romancey for me but I do like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your no-nonsense, colorful way of putting things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I got her to review for me :)

      Delete
  7. I would never have suspected that plot or wanted to read this book based on that cover but now I wish I had time to clear my reading schedule and read it right this second based on your review!
    I'm going to at least go see if I can download it on Kindle anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lis for another great review! This sounds like a pretty interesting book. :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I know I already posted, but I forgot to make mention about the giveaway I'm hosting on my good ol' blog. ^.^

    http://www.caroleraesramblings.com/2012/03/50th-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review Lis, a new author to me though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This does sound good, and the blurb and review don't match the cover. One can never judge a book by its cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this sounds like it might work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by everyone :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP