Friday 16 March 2012

Review: Magic Bleeds - Ilona Andrews

Atlanta would be a nice place to live, if it weren’t for the magic. When the magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But then technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it rose. 

Kate Daniels works for the Order of the Knights of Merciful Aid, officially as a liaison with the mercenary guild. Unofficially, she cleans up the paranormal problems no one else wants to handle—especially if they involve Atlanta’s shapeshifting community. 

When she’s called in to investigate a fight at the Steel Horse, a bar midway between the territories of the shapeshifters and the necromancers, Kate quickly discovers there’s a new player in town. One who’s been around for thousands of years—and rode to war at the side of Kate’s father. 

This foe may be too much even for Kate and Curran, the Lord of the Beasts, to handle. Because this time, Kate will be taking on family…

Series: Kate Daniels, Pages: 349, Genre: Urban Fantasy, Published: 2010, Publisher: Ace, Source: My own

My thoughts:
It comes to a point in a series when I just start to repeat myself. Then I tend to make it short or just list awesome things. Let's go with the last one.

1. I liked Curran before, it did take me a while to warm up to him but I did fall and in this one. Mmm, in this one I love him. He is so freaking alpha, so obsessive, such an idiot, so lovable. I declare myself quite the Curran fangirl. Of course in reality I would kick him in the nuts if he tried that crap with me ;)

2. Kate Daniels is as kick ass as she ever was. She is not afraid to take down the big baddies, even if she risks everything.

3. I think Saiman is making the list this time cos he is just such a weird freak. I love those.

4. The world is great. A world where magic came back with brute force.

5. Her dad, he is, oh I want to meet the old horror. What a showdown that would be.

Conclusion:
I think that is about it. This was the best book in the series so far. Two idiots that are arguing, hot passion, and great fight scenes. I am happy, and I could not put it down.

Cover: Meh

--------------------

My flash fiction for this week

46 comments:

  1. Yay! You finally got around to read it! And you are so completely right about sometimes in a series our reviews end up all sounding the same. Awesome is awesome, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup awesome is awesome, I would just repeat myself so I mixed it up ;) Though i must say I Curran was yum in this one, much more than in other books

      Delete
  2. I will never get over how many series you read. Glad you are enjoying this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well yes I..*thinks* Ok I honestly do not even know how many I am reading o_O

      Delete
  3. LOL :) She is on my to try list next year! I have heard it is a fun series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have not read her yet! Omg...*shock* Lol, I hope you enjoy the books. I thought book 1 was ok but then it just got better

      Delete
  4. There is something just not right about the perspective of her on that cover...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something is just weird...something. And I can't say Curran looks sexy either. Lions looks so lazy most of the time

      Delete
  5. This series keeps getting better. You get to know the characters and their motivations with every book.
    I'm not usually one to get swoon over a lot of male characters but I love Curran.
    Do you read the Edge spin off series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup :) I liked book 1 but the 2nd one was not as good, but still good. I do got book 3 ready too

      Delete
  6. I agree - this was my favourite book in the series! Kate & Curran just belong together - they might not always agree but thye do love each other! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do :D I must read the next book soon cos I do want more, even if I should wait awhile

      Delete
  7. Oh Curran! I so want to meet you. I need to start this series someday soon. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't read them? *in shock* You need a dose of Curran

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great series. I liked your review format here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like this format :) it works well with a good series

      Delete
  9. I think I should emulate your short reviews. The series is my UF favourite so I won't repeat after you all those superlatives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like these short ones, sometimes less is more

      Delete
  10. I beg to disagree, Magic Slays is the best in this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reminds me that I have the first book. Maybe I should read that next... And I wanna learn more about Curran :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then get reading :) And of course meet Curran, aye he is good

      Delete
  12. Another awesome series i need to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't understand why there is a lion in the cover...perhaps I'll just have to read the book to find out. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will tell you :) That is Curran, the love interest. He is a lion shifter

      Delete
    2. ooooooh, I see I see. :D

      Delete
  14. Glad to hear that this series is still awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a series that just keep on getting better

      Delete
  15. Sometimes, all I need is hot passion and good fighting. Call me satisfied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, same here :D And she does it well here

      Delete
  16. aww, you don't like this cover? i think her covers are always great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't like any Kate D covers so far :/

      Delete
  17. I so want to read this series..you make it sound pretty darn awesome and I'm all about kick-ass women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kick-ass women are the be :) I could never be that kick-ass, maybe that is why I like them so much

      Delete
  18. I think this one is next on my list? Maybe? Err, what is #4? Ga! I'm warming up to Curran very nicely in book #3. lol. Glad you are still loving these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Curran, it took me some time too but in this one, nr 4, I just went all RAWR ;)

      Delete
    2. LOL! I'll be into this one next month. Can't wait!!

      Delete
  19. Lovely review, I also like this series a lot. Each book is better than the last :) You know, on their website, there are snippets written by mr. Andrews, with Curran's point of view ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. bahaha love your thoughts on Curran; that's enough to make me want to read this series LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Replies
    1. It's just very meh. Something is not right

      Delete
  22. Books 4 & 5 have definitely been my favorites so far. This one just rocked as far as i was concerned. The cover? You're right, meh. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just, yes meh. Oh well, they can't all rock

      I can't wait to read book 5 :D

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP