Atlanta would be a nice place to live, if it weren’t for the magic. When the magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But then technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it rose.
Kate Daniels works for the Order of the Knights of Merciful Aid, officially as a liaison with the mercenary guild. Unofficially, she cleans up the paranormal problems no one else wants to handle—especially if they involve Atlanta’s shapeshifting community.
When she’s called in to investigate a fight at the Steel Horse, a bar midway between the territories of the shapeshifters and the necromancers, Kate quickly discovers there’s a new player in town. One who’s been around for thousands of years—and rode to war at the side of Kate’s father.
This foe may be too much even for Kate and Curran, the Lord of the Beasts, to handle. Because this time, Kate will be taking on family…
Series: Kate Daniels, Pages: 349, Genre: Urban Fantasy, Published: 2010, Publisher: Ace, Source: My own
My thoughts:It comes to a point in a series when I just start to repeat myself. Then I tend to make it short or just list awesome things. Let's go with the last one.
1. I liked Curran before, it did take me a while to warm up to him but I did fall and in this one. Mmm, in this one I love him. He is so freaking alpha, so obsessive, such an idiot, so lovable. I declare myself quite the Curran fangirl. Of course in reality I would kick him in the nuts if he tried that crap with me ;)
2. Kate Daniels is as kick ass as she ever was. She is not afraid to take down the big baddies, even if she risks everything.
3. I think Saiman is making the list this time cos he is just such a weird freak. I love those.
4. The world is great. A world where magic came back with brute force.
5. Her dad, he is, oh I want to meet the old horror. What a showdown that would be.
I think that is about it. This was the best book in the series so far. Two idiots that are arguing, hot passion, and great fight scenes. I am happy, and I could not put it down.
My flash fiction for this week