Thursday 8 March 2012

Review: Never Coming Home - Evonne Wareham

When Kaz Elmore is told her five-year-old daughter Jamie has died in a car crash, she struggles to accept that she’ll never see her little girl again. Then a stranger comes into her life offering the most dangerous substance in the world: hope. Devlin, a security consultant and witness to the terrible accident scene, inadvertently reveals that Kaz’s daughter might not have been the girl in the car after all. 


What if Jamie is still alive? With no evidence, the police aren’t interested, so Devlin and Kaz have little choice but to investigate themselves. Devlin never gets involved with a client. Never. But the more time he spends with Kaz, the more he desires her – and the more his carefully constructed ice-man persona starts to unravel . 


The desperate search for Jamie leads down dangerous paths – to a murderous acquaintance from Devlin’s dark past, and all across Europe, to Italy, where deadly secrets await. But as long as Kaz has hope, she can’t stop looking…

Genre: Romantic Suspense/thriller/mystery, Pages: 356, Published: March 7, 2012, Publisher: Choc Lit, Source: For review

My thoughts:
If this would have been just a thriller then perhaps not for me, even if the thrilling part was actually my fav (go figure), but anyway, it also had romance. Big yay.

The suspense part was very good, I kept asking why and how?? I thought I knew, I thought I could figure it out, but it made no sense. But even in this craziness in the end it all made sense. Some are just insane.

Kaz has gone through what no mother should have to go through, she has a lost a child. The Devlin comes along, mysterious and sexy Devlin. The sparks fly, but there is also something else. The big mystery of the book, is Jamie actually alive? And if so where?

Wareham does not make it easy for the reader. The question of Jamie hangs over us, then someone is after Devlin too, and why? The hunt takes us far and more questions show up. I do like a good mystery that I can't figure out.

With the suspense and mystery we got the romance. Two people falling for each other when they shouldn't. And some secrets cannot be shared.

Conclusion:
This one is for those who like suspense, thrillers and mysterious, but who also want a bit of romance and softer tones.

Cover
Fits


38 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds like one I might like. Glad it was a good read for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like dhow I could not figure things out

      Delete
  2. The suspense part sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stories about missing children are always so hard for me to read because it's such a tragic thing to happen, so I'm glad this one has a hint of romance to help switch up the focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :/ it was not the easiest subject and I kept thinking of why someone would have made the mum think the kid was dead. Horrid

      Delete
  4. Thriller with romance? That rarely goes together. When it does, it usually takes a back seat to the romance, but that is okay with me in a book. Haven't heard of this one. It's going on the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, well the suspense thriller part was foremost, but still in a lighter way..even if peeps died

      Delete
  5. Romantic suspense is one of my favorite things to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a big yay for romance, I'm always looking for that in every book I read:) Glad the mystery isn't predictable and it kept you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did it very well, I love a good twist. And yes romance is a most everywhere! Except for fantasy, no thank you there..well sometimes ;)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Oh you know me, I am such a good guesser :D

      Delete
  8. Romantic suspence...hmmm...I am glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, perhaps if we took out the romantic part for you?

      Delete
  9. I too like the idea of a bit of romance thrown in. This sounds like an interesting read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure it would have been good without the romance, but..it would not have been my style

      Delete
  10. Sounds like it has all the elements I like in a book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got me intrigued. And pretty cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm, interesting! But I'm not much of a Thriller reader. thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither I am..but one never knows in the end :)

      Delete
  13. Sounds like my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, as good as you make this one sound, I think the part about the heroine losing her child would be too difficult for me to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily is the wrong word to use, but still luckily for me it happened 6 months before so we did not have to be there during the hard months

      Delete
  15. Any bit of romance in a story is a plus for me. Also I keep thinking that this storyline would make a pretty decent movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Thriller with a romantic base, yup it would be great

      Delete
  16. This sure sounds exciting, especially if you cannot figure it out. But with a missing child, this is bound to be a bit too intense for me. Glad you enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it never got too intense, perhaps cos she clung to her hope

      Delete
  17. It's always nice when they had a pinch of romance to mysteries and thrillers and etc. It's like ketchup! ^.^ Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I love the way you put it and you are so right

      Delete
  18. I thought this one sounded like it had a lot of promise!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh sounds like this is for me. I love romantic suspense. This sounds like an emotional rollercoaster as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too, but I do not read a lot of it for some reason

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP