Monday 18 March 2013

ARC Review: Grave Secret - Sierra Dean


Sometimes a secret goes to the grave. Sometimes Secret puts you there.

It’s been a hell of a year for Secret McQueen, and the last thing in the world she wants is to get caught up in werewolf drama. But when her former fiancé Lucas Rain shows up asking for her help, she knows there’s no easy way out.

After making it known she wants nothing to do with him, Secret agrees to help find Lucas’s wayward sister Kellen. After all, how much trouble could one socialite get into in the city that never sleeps?

Unless that socialite has been spirited away by fairies.

Trying to track down a missing girl in an alternate reality is just the start of Secret’s problems, though. Someone appears to be killing teenagers, and the MO looks eerily similar to something for which the half-fairy oracle, Calliope, might be responsible. Throw in a rogue wolf pack claiming allegiance to Secret’s mother, Mercy, and she’ll have miles to go before she rests.

My thoughts:
The last book ended with such a cliffie...of the passionate kind. I could not wait to see where it lead. Not to mention that Sierra was devastated after Lucas being a total ass and not showing up to their wedding. There was drama to be told and I needed to know.

Sierra was a bit messed up but was doing better. Des was nowhere to be found (still Team Des!) and Holden, well I will not tell you whatever happened in the beginning. Whether I am Team Holden or not, well, no not really. I just do not feel him. Can't be that team then. But trust me, not team Lucas at least, and that leaves Des. He is just such a good beta and I want to hug him.

Away from the teams. This book gives us fairies, murder and a twist that kept me reading and reading. Then I cursed our tiny flat as I could not continue to read, but I did wake up earlier the next day so that I could finish this book. And the end, oh she is evil. She leaves such an opening for more and I know the next book will be filled with action. I can't wait to read it.

The romance will not get resolved in this one, I do wonder how she will play it at the end. I am just so curious and want to know, like right now. This is an author that makes you want more.

Conclusion:
This is a great series that I recommend to everyone.

Cover Cool

Series: Secret McQueen #5Genre: urban fantasyPages: 301To be published: March 19th 2013 by SamhainSource; For review

40 comments:

  1. OMG, this is such an exciting review! You are evil too, Blodeuedd! :))) I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Monday and it's snowing. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..your review has me wanting to read them all now, between the passion, character conflict and action packed world-building this sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must you must!!!!!Then you will go as crazy as I did

      Delete
  4. Oh man. A passionate cliffhanger? That's just cruel! The wait for this one likely would have given me a stress induced ulcer:) Sounds like a great series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was sure evil, but then cliffies are known for that ;)

      Delete
  5. Sorry Des was missing, but maybe he will be more present in the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've added this series to my TBR -- if you're wild about it, I know I want it! (Altho I have to say, I hate this cover!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I promised Marcela to start the first book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I am glad you liked this
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to torture myself and enjoy a romance that stretches across a series. Still need a conclusion tho. :) Oh I do think this is a fantasy series I really need to pick up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here..well there are too many men around ;) Can't get a conclusion at once then

      Delete
  10. I have only read the first book, and I am reading the romance is still undecided in book four... wow! Glad you are still loving the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can you expect when you know about the men ;)

      Delete
  11. I really, really need to read this series! I've heard lots of good things about it but your review made me want to try even more. I just need to find the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, you so love this series and I so need to get to it. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. #5? I'm always late for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mhmmm not sure about the cover (story sounds cool), but she looks uncomfortable...like she has to use the restroom and the cameraman keeps yelling at her to "hold it and give me a picture worth keeping, woman!" And tada.
    hahaha.
    But yeah, I think it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read this series, but it sounds wonderful! I love when a romance can keep me invested over several books. Also love how action-packed this sounds. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Action, romance, this series packs it all, and a few punches too

      Delete
  16. Shout out for Team Des!!! I am dying to know how the romance plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You seem to read a lot of series. How do you keep up with them all?! And I keep wanting to read them because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't like it when an author of a series makes you wait and wait forever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was not fooorever, but 6 months totally feels like it!

      Delete
  19. Nice when a series continues to make you want more - in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haven't heard of this series but the girl on the cover looks kick-ass so I'll keep an eye out for it :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP