Tuesday 26 March 2013

Review: Black Howl - Christina Henry


Something is wrong with the souls of Chicago's dead. Ghosts are walking the streets, and Agent of Death
Madeline Black's exasperating boss wants her to figure out why. And while work is bad enough, Maddy has a plethora of personal problems too. Now that Gabriel has been assigned as her thrall, their relationship has hit an impasse. At least her sleazy ex-fiance Nathaniel is out of the picture--or so she thinks...

My thoughts:
The best book in the series to far, and it was also completely evil! By Lucifer it was so evil.

In this one ghosts are behaving strange, Gabriel is Maddy's thrall and neither one is happy. Our favorite gargoyle wants donuts. Wolves are missing and as always the courts of the fallen are conspiring. And Maddy is in the middle of it all.

Maddy is somewhat of a klutz, she will fall into the worst situation and still mouth off. I have to love her. Yes she is stupid in a way, but I like her. The series is not Mercy awesome. Instead it's just truly enjoyable because the story keeps me wanting more all the time. It made it hard for me to put it down. Sure it's simple at times, but when it makes me want more it makes me want more.

And the end, I mentioned it in the beginning, but it was just so evil! Not cliffie evil (cos it was that too), but yes Lucifer evil. Now I need more cos I can guess what Lucifer wants now.

Conclusion:
Fun!

Cover
Cool

Series: Black Wings #3
Genre: Urban fantasy
Pages: 274
Published: 2012 by Ace
Source: own

38 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not yet :/ But then Thursday is Friday this week :D

      Delete
  2. ok..now you have me all hot and bothered to see how evil this is!!! I love UF, so i will snag book one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been on a UG reading spree. I just can't stop!

      Delete
  3. Well, this sounds like a really good book and an even better series. I don't really read these kind of paranormal books, but I might give it a try sometime
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my UF books :) I just like the kick-ass action, and the hint of romance, or more

      Delete
  4. EEeeevilll! You know you have gotten me curious. Oh and I hate the cliffies but I still need to start at the first anyway. Yes, I said from the beginning... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cliffie was...she is so evil, but then she was evil in the book too and oh I just wanna tell you

      Delete
  5. Glad you're enjoying the series. I'm sure all the evil made it more enjoyable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well the evil is very entertaining here

      Delete
  6. You seem to find series that I am collecting the books but have yet to start reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read one I always want the rest, that is how I roll

      Delete
  7. Lucifer is supposed to be evil---especially when he is at his worst!

    This does sound like a delightfully good read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like him in this book, he is an ass, an evil one. But the plans he has, one must admire them

      Delete
  8. Oh damn. You would have to start the review with that. I so need this series!! :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am evil, I admit, Lucifer made me write that

      Delete
  9. I am not sure I want to start another Lu-themed series...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No? Eh, I like him and he keeps in the background

      Delete
  10. Leave it to Chicago's dead to create issues. hahahaha. Great review B! Poor Maddy seems to have her hands full

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure has, and I do wonder how she will deal in the next book

      Delete
  11. I keep reading such great things about this series, so glad to know this one is the best yet. I love when a series gets better as it goes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will get even better in the next :D But then the author was so evil in this book so that makes me wonder too. Yup evil as hell

      Delete
  12. I need to find some more good UF books. I am totally missing the genre and I was going through my review schedule and I don't have many coming up. This is one I need to look into ! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been going a bit UF crazy lately, but I got so many for xmas and my bday and I just wanted to read them all

      Delete
  13. It does look like it could be fun for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This does sound like a fun series. I haven't heard of it before but now that I have I'll have to check out the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to start reading this series, I do have the first book on my shelves (like so many others!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha Lucifer evil ... love it. I need to read this series!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm, I'm still not sold because this series reminds me too much of M.L.Hanover, but I'll try it at some point I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried that series so I can't compare

      Delete
  18. I am making a list of UF books series I need to read, and this one sounds perfect for me. I love fun series that keep me coming back for more, and as a total klutz, I'm sure I'll relate well to Maddy. :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so bad, we were at my parents today and looked at furniture online and my mum commented that we could not pick this one table cos I would hurt myself...and I totally would lol

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP