Tuesday 19 March 2013

Briggs x2: Frost Burned and Fair Game


Shapeshifter Mercy Thompson's life is calming down, at least enough that she can focus on mundane matters like Black Friday sales. But on her return, Mercy is unable to contact her mate, Alpha Adam Hauptman, or the other members of their pack. All she knows is that Adam is angry and in pain. With the werewolves fighting a political battle to gain acceptance from the public, Mercy fears Adam's disappearance may be related - and that he and the pack are in serious danger. Outclassed and on her own, Mercy may be forced to seek assistance from the most unlikely of allies: the vampire seethe.

My thoughts:
 I do not think it was as good as the rest of the series, but it sure was better than River Marked. But then I was really disappointed in River marked.

Anyway, the book starts with a bang as all the wolves are missing. Why and who is behind it? Therefore I do think the book lacked a bit of Adam even if we got his POV too. But I wanted more Mercy and Adam time.

We did get Stefan and Ben, and I really like Ben more and more. Not much of Sam but then he has moved on and then I am just not interested anymore ;)

As many times before I do not know what to say. Action, tense moments and conspiracies. All good things, but after having read Fair Game and compared they were just not the same. Fair Game was better. Hopefully it will get better again by the next book. Something is just missing.

Conclusion:
But, it was a good book :)

Cover: SUCKS. Why are these UK covers so ugly?

Mercy Thompson #7
Urban fantasy
342 pages
Published March 5th 2013 by Orbit

It is said that opposites attract. And in the case of werewolves Anna Latham and Charles Cornick, they mate. The son—and enforcer—of the leader of the North American werewolves, Charles is a dominant Alpha. While Anna, an Omega, has the rare ability to calm others of her kind.

When the FBI requests the pack’s help on a local serial-killer case, Charles and Anna are sent to Boston to join the investigation. It soon becomes clear that someone is targeting the preternatural. And now Anna and Charles have put themselves right in the killer’s sights.

My thoughts:
I usually spend these reviews talking about what a hottie Bran is. But not this time. I have not liked the Alpha and Omega series as much as the Mercy books, not before now. This book was awesome, it made me love and hate! It made me love Anna and Charles as couple, now I truly saw it. And it made me hate humankind. Ignorant asses all of them. We are the real monsters.

Charles is having trouble with his job. Anna is fearing for him and the Marrok sends them both on a mission. A serial killer is loose. Fae, were and humans have tried to live together, but it will surely all come crashing down. If we can't tolerate each other then how could we tolerate other beings? As they search for the killer I sit in the edge of my seat, and when the ends grows close I fear. Because Briggs is not kind to her characters.

But the end, what an ending. It made me cheer and fear.

Conclusion:
I do hope there will be more, I finally love the ALpha and Omega books.

PS: Oh and Bran, well even if we did not see him much I still love him and hate his wife. He needs someone else, pleeeease Briggs.

Cover: much better

Series: Alpha and Omega #3
Genre: Urban fantasy
Pages: 280
Published: 2012 by Ace
Source: Own


36 comments:

  1. :) Sorry that you were let down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Frost Burned, sorry to hear you didn't like it as much as some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted the same epicness of previous books

      Delete
  3. Bran! *sigh* I *heart* him. I really loved the first book in the Alpha/Omega series. I think I need to catch up with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so so sooooo yummy! I just want to hug him t pieces

      Delete
  4. Oh man! So behind on this series. So glad that the Alpha/Omega series is getting stronger. I think you should demand Dan Dos Santos covers. We all should when available! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I must email and Orbit and tell them to stop effing around with these ugly covers

      Delete
  5. And I still haven't started her books yet... I like the colours on Frost Burned but otherwise it's kinda boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all so dull, I am very disappointed

      Delete
  6. I've only read the first Mercy book (I have the first 5) and the Alpha & Omega novella.

    I'm always worried when series go on for this long. They almost always decline at some point and it's so sad when that happens with a favorite series.

    One day I'll catch up with them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry too and River Marked had me so worried, and I still am, even though Frost was an improvement. Of course I will the next one but I am afraid

      Delete
  7. hmm think I'm going to stick with the Mercy series, I don't want to be disappointed and the covers aren't the best lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this author yet, the Alpha and Omega series sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read the first two books in the Mercy series but I haven't continued on. I'm thinking about rereading them before I move on to the next book just as a refresher since it has been so long. I am a fan though so I think I'll have to try the other series at some point soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you start the series again :) But I warn you, book 4..I think..is such a tearjerker, it had my crying rivers

      Delete
  10. Oh I so need to get to her books as well. *sigh* Time, oh time! Why do you taunt me so?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is evil...we must invent a time machine

      Delete
  11. River Marked wasn't my fav either. I will be damned if I can remember Ben. It has been two freaking years. I am disappointed that Samuel isn't around as much, I really like him. I need to get this read ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben is the creepy one who has killed in England, kind of a sociopath

      I do love him too, but he found love, so I am all meh

      Delete
  12. I still have not read anything by Patricia Briggs but since she has so many books out, I'm sure I will someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dan Dos Santos cover art should be a sine qua non requirement for most of UF books. It is known.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I stopped reading the Mercy series at #3, I think, not really sure why. And I never started Alpha and Omega, even though I have the first sitting around here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should continue, book 4 is so...well I cried. Read it and weep

      Delete
  15. It's in my TBR pile and I cannot wait to sink my teeth into it..awesome review my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must read Briggs...geesh, I wish there was more time in the day for me to read!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha, I felt the same about Frost Burned! Better than River Marked but not as good as the rest of the series. I'm also rushing to request Fair Game from my library - maybe it will make me love this series too! ;) *thumbs up, sister*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair Game, awww aaaaamazing.

      I do hope the next mercy book will be up to standard cos else I will get all sad :/

      Delete
  18. So behind on these series! I need to read them asap. And ooh It sounds like I really need to meet this Bran. :-) Anna and Charles sound great too. Fab reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bran is mmmmm Bran! Yes I have a tiny *coughs* crush on him

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP