Saturday 2 March 2013

Review: The Lady most willing - Julia Quinn and more


Step into the glittering world of Regency and prepare to have your hearts warmed by Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Connie Brockway...

During their annual Christmas pilgrimage to Scotland to visit their aged uncle in his decrepit castle, the Comte de Rocheforte and his cousin, Earl of Oakley, are presented with unique gifts: their uncle has raided an English lord's Christmas party and kidnapped four lovely would-be brides for his heirs to choose from ...as well as one very angry duke, Lord Bretton. As snow isolates the castle, and as hours grow into days, the most honourable intentions give away to temptations as surprising as they are irresistible.

My thoughts:
3 stories in one and they are all connected. I did like the previous anthology by these authors more though. Still it was a fun one and the ending, haha, love it. I would have quoted it here if it had not ruined the end.

The first story is by Quinn and I can't go into detail as it spoils it all. Anyway it gave me a few laughs, she knows how the keep it light.

Next up is Eloisa James who brought in some passion. This I did not like as they all fall in love fast as it is. And then they wanna jump each others bones too just after a few days? No. Too fast. I already had to escape into happy world and believe it was true love all around.

Then we have Connie Brockway with a couple who fought the attraction the longest.

At this castle we have two sisters, one a flirt, one sensible. A shy heiress. A Duke. A poor woman who should not be there. And the gentlemen who was lured there by their uncle. All in all making it a fun few days at a castle. And as for the uncle, oh he was a hoot.

Cover:
nice

Series: Lady Most #2
Genre: Historical romance
Pages: 384
Published: 2012 by Avon
Source: Own

30 comments:

  1. Not for me, have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this fun little tale..and the castle. Glad you laughed like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The castle was fun and I loved a certain thing at the end with the uncle ;)

      Delete
  3. I used to read historical romances a lot and then got out of it but I'm planning on reading a few in the next while and I'm looking forward to it. Glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun cos of the 3 author thing and the stories that all took place at the same time

      Delete
  4. Sounds like something I'd enjoy, I like Julia Quinn and Eloisa James. I haven't read Connie Brockway, but I do enjoy this genre.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Brockway on her own either. But this is my second anthology with her

      Delete
  5. Quinn is an author that I've been meaning to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious because I don't usually like anthologies but since these three stories are connected I might give it a try. I'm wondering about the ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was different as they all took place in the castle during a few days. And they all talked to each other

      Delete
  7. I'm not usually fan of books when there's like 3 authors because the stories are so short. When it starts to flow it's already over. But it sounds good anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, it did feel short at times and other times not as the story continued but with another couple

      Delete
  8. Well, that last one really sounds interesting. I think it would be hard to do historical romance in a short story. Hm... still curious about that last one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked, but not as well as the previous book. That one was great

      Delete
  9. i like short stories so i am really interested in seeing how they are all tied together. i wanted to read the first one like this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say read the other book first, cos it was better ;)

      Delete
  10. I like how the stories are all connected and about the ppl of the castle which will keep me interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice way of binding the stories together

      Delete
  11. Nice review B, I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to let all logic go when I read romantic novellas. It just happens way to fast but once I accept them for what they are I usually enjoy them anyway.

    It's interesting that all three stories are tied together. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I know, just let my brain rest cos else I will go insane. sometimes I can't help it though ;)

      It was a nice way of writing it

      Delete
  13. I was somewhat bothered by the kidnapping of the ladies in this book but I ended up just letting myself get swept away. Although I expected Quinn's to be my favorite, James' was the story that swept me away, quite by surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not help myself, I had to like it. The uncle was so crazy!

      And the epilogue was great fun. I loved how they pulled it off

      Delete
  14. I've only read the one anthology, I struggle with them and novellas when it's all so unrealistically fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not an anthology fan but here it worked when they were all one story in a sense

      Delete
  15. I really LOVE that cover and that dress~

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP