Saturday 23 March 2013

Review: Road trip of the living dead - Mark Henry


With her zombie gal pal Wendy and vampy sidekick Gil, celebrity party girl Amanda Feral is ready to take a big bite out of Seattle's supernatural nightlife. But what's a zombie chick to do when her "Mommie Dearest" gets sick? If you're Amanda Feral, you can either ignore the wicked old witch--or bury the past by visiting Ethel before she kicks it.
Packing their stiletto pumps and plasma into a sketchy rattrap on wheels that used to be a Winebago, Amanda, Wendy, and Gil hit the highway. Of course, they'll have to navigate past some neo-Nazi skinheads, a horny dust devil, a hunky werewolf cop, and an unsightly horde of Kmart shoppers. But for this glamorous gang of ghouls, this trip is about to take a dangerous detour that could give road kill a brand new meaning. . 

My thoughts:
What went wrong? I liked book 1, even when she ate people, but here, I was just lost. I just found myself sitting up and saying what? all the time. Maybe it was me, tired, not interested, maybe I should have put it down. But as it was now it was one big what? How did that happen? Excuse me?

It still was semi funny and weird, and then I have nothing more to say. I was confused! What can I write in a review then?

Conclusion:
'I was going back and forth between a 2 and a 1. But I just wished the book to be over so I could get out of the maze in my head. It's a shame, but I can't say I like the book then can I?

Cover
Not good

Series. Amanda Feral #2
Genre: Horror humour
Pages: 261
Published: 2009 by Kensington
Source own

26 comments:

  1. You liked book one even when she ate people? WHAT? It sounds like your experience with a sequel went as well as mine today which was a total NOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it was disturbing but hey she is a zombie and even zombies have to eat

      Delete
  2. Oh no! Still curious about that first book... just don't read on a hungry stomach. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find all the covers in this series seriously outdated, Blodeuedd. It's a bizarre mix of 80s and 90s, don't you think? I have to admit I couldn't get through book #1, it grossed me out too much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! The just look weird. And the 3rd one is just plain horrid! I do not even wanna think about it

      Delete
  4. I liked the book summary as it sounded like it would be a great romp but the whole eating people turns it off for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eh. May have to pass on this one. Sounds cool...but meh. :) I like her dress though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zombies are not my thing at all, but it does sound like fun. Still, if you could not find a story line or something, I am not going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt like one big mess. I did like book 1 though, but that was cos it was very very weird

      Delete
  7. Zombies aren't my thing at all either...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I liked this one..I can't remember. I know I did like #1. Gross humor. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really gross humour, but for some reason it really works

      Delete
  9. I loved book #1, #2 was meh and I think I liked #3 a little more but that was a while ago so I don't quite remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm..really? Dunno, after this one I just feel there are other books I wanna buy and read more

      Delete
  10. Oh bummer this one didn't work out for you. I agree, that cover is kind of a mess! Thanks for your honesty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, you tried..sounds like there was no hope!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was...okay. It seemed to lose the spunk the first one had. But was a different journey too. I haven't got the third one yet...don't know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was different yes, but I. Oh the spunk was gone as you say. It lost steam

      Delete
  13. Bummer! I've got the first one to try but not sure I want to now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was cool...you can always stop there

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP