Friday 8 March 2013

Review: A shot of Sultry - Macy Beckett


Welcome to Sultry Springs, Texas: where home can be the perfect place for a fresh start.

For West Coast filmmaker Bobbi Gallagher, going back to Sultry Springs is a last resort. But with her career in tatters, a quick trip to her hometown might get her the footage she needs to salvage her reputation. She just can't let anything distract her again. Not even the gorgeous contractor her brother asked to watch over her. As if she can't handle filming a few rowdy Texans.

Golden boy Trey Lewis, with his blond hair and Technicolor-blue eyes, is a leading man if Bobbi ever saw one. He's strong and confident and--much to her delight--usually shirtless. He thinks keeping his best friend's baby sister out of trouble will be easy. But he has no idea of the trouble in store for him...

My thoughts:
This is book 2, but as I was reading it I did feel that it also works great as a stand alone.

Bobbi is the heroine in this book. She was a bit messed up but she has learnt to cope. Her brother was the hero of book 2 and while he lives in Texas, she is a California film maker. She comes to Sultry Springs for a reality show. She is serious about her job (you'll learn) and she needs to let loose a bit.

Then we have Trey, a flirty guy who is friends with her brother. He has his own issues and wants to leave Sultry soon. The attraction is there at the start, sure they argue a bit, she tries to stay away as she is filming him. But some things you just can't stop. Some things are bound to happen.

Conclusion:
A nice story, a love that takes a bit of time. And a side character that I really look forward to reading more about. Book 3 is his and I want it. Sultry Springs is a good place to read about.

Cover. Adorable

Series: Sultry springs #2
Genre: Contemporary romance
Pages: 352
Published: March 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source for review

32 comments:

  1. I really liked this one too but I thought the first one was better. I am looking forward to reading the third book too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the first one was better. I think I liked the heroine better there

      Delete
  2. sounds cute!! i like the reality show angle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading books like this where you just cozy up with great characters in a nice small town setting. Hey, I am all about a romance that takes time. I like that this could be a stand alone as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love that, small town, takes time, stand alone but still a series :) All good things. And it's just cute

      Delete
  4. He probably makes her loosen up a lot. xD Bahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw sounds sweet! Sometimes you just need a toothache for sweet. :) Haven't read any of these but good to know it is a stand alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have a toothache for something sweet ;)

      Delete
  6. I am so really sorry but on Fridays I read only dark, twisted dramas, otherwise I smile too much ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really cute, and that cover is adorable! Glad to hear you liked it. I think I'd like Sultry Springs and Bobbi and Trey. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So adorable, and I also like it cos it looks like it could take place here. It also makes me wish for summer

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a nice romance. The cover is great and I really wish I had some of that weather where I am right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both. I am sick and tired of snow and cold now

      Delete
  9. Sounds sweet. You make me add too many books to my pile! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're enjoying this series. It looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm sounds nice Blodeuedd.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a nice romance, I like that it works as a stand alone. I'm adding it to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stand alones even if within a series are so good

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a fun series and I do like contemporary romance :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh i like when series are focused on one couple and then in the next you get a secondary characters and their story. The cover is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So adorable, I am a bit in love with it. I want that dress and to spin around like that

      Delete
  15. I love it when they can stand alone as well. It makes me want to read it faster.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen guest reviewed this one on my blog and she enjoyed it too. I'd have to start with Sultry With a Twist :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP