Monday 1 February 2016

Author Interview: Grace Burrowes

Today I have an interview with Grace Burrowes :)
Welcome!

1. Tell us something fun that happened last year in 2015? 
I took an intensive Gaelic course at Sabhal Mor Ostaig, a Gaelic University on the Isle of Skye. Part of the curriculum was an all-school singing, dancing party, at which each class had to perform something in Gaelic. If only college had been more like this! 

2. Tell us about your new book? 
I’ve described Will’s True Wish as the Regency dog whispers meets the Regency “101 Dalmatians,” except that the heroine who’s critical to solving the dog-napping scheme doesn’t really like dogs, however much she might like the hero. 

3. Since this is a book about dogs, do you have one of your own?
I have two. Sarge looks like a pitt bull/blood hound mix; and Murphy is a golden retriever. They’re big, friendly, and endlessly lovable…. Also fond of cheese.   

4. How about a  bit about our hero and heroine? 
Willow Dorning is an earl’s spare, and has spent his life being useful and unassuming. Early in life he turned to the companionship of dogs, and resigned himself to managing five younger brothers so the heir could focus on managing the earldom. Will’s lot of thankless, and yet, when dogs begin to go missing from aristocratic households, his brothers convince him he’s in the best position to solve the mystery. 

Lady Susanna Haddonfield has chosen the company of books to that of most women her age, having been subjected to ballroom bullying on the occasion of her come out. She recalls Will fondly, but where dogs are concerned… she’s not fond of them at all. Will turns to her to assist in finding the missing dogs, and Susannah instead loses her heart to Will.  

5. And last, what are you working on now?
 I’m much occupied with putting the finishing touches on a trip to Scotland I’m planning for a small group of avid readers and aspiring authors. We’ll spend the first ten days of September seeing the sights and talking books, books, and books, but a successful tour requires an enormous amount of planning, planning, and planning! 

And of course, I’m working on more stories, too! 


Author Bio & Buy Links
Bio: Grace Burrowes began writing romance as an antidote to empty nest, and soon found that writing is an antidote to most of what ails us. She’s the sixth out of seven children, has been reading romance for decades, and practices child welfare law in western Maryland. 



20 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of her books yet, but I have a few on my to-read list. I'll definitely be reading one (or a few) this year since I'm getting back in my HR groove. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs! You know I'm going to have to get this one :-))

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! That intensive Gaelic course sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like she is more than ready to visit Scotland after that Gaelic course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well she did the course on Skye, so she's already been!

      Delete
  5. Gaelic, how interesting! I don't know if I can pronounce the words right though. I like the plot of this novel, I wonder if Cruella's counterpart is just as awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good historical romance, I'll keep an eye out for this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I want to learn Gaelic. I have a feeling I'd have no talent for it. Oh and a pit blood hound? Does he have the hound bay? LOL *gives pups virtual cheese*

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I am so excited to read this book...and I would love to learn Gaelic...that would be so fascinating. Great author to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't resist a story about dogs! Can't say I've ever read a Regency novel that features them, sounds interesting :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grace is one of my favorite authors. I loved this book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I do look forward to getting to Will and Susanna's story in the series. That Scotland trip sounds fun.

    Enjoyed the interview, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the nice interview! it looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Her dogs sound very lovable! Also, the Gaelic course sounds interesting - kinda makes me want to check out a few courses myself :) Excellent interview!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds a bit different - I'd read it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol college would definitely have been more entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sure sounds like a great book, thanks for the interview ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP