Tuesday 23 February 2016

Tricky twenty-two - Janet Evanovich

Something big is brewing in Trenton, N.J., and it could blow at any minute. 

Stephanie Plum might not be the world's greatest bounty hunter, but she knows when she's being played. Ken Globovic (aka Gobbles), hailed as the Supreme Exalted Zookeeper of the animal house known as Zeta fraternity, has been arrested for beating up the dean of students at Kiltman College. Gobbles has missed his court date and gone into hiding. People have seen him on campus, but no one will talk. Things just aren't adding up, and Stephanie can't shake the feeling that something funny is going on at the college - and it's not just Zeta fraternity pranks. 

As much as people love Gobbles, they hate Doug Linken. When Linken is gunned down in his backyard it's good riddance, and the list of possible murder suspects is long. The only people who care about finding Linken's killer are Trenton cop Joe Morelli, who has been assigned the case, security expert Ranger, who was hired to protect Linken, and Stephanie, who has her eye on a cash prize and hopefully has some tricks up her sleeve. 

My thoughts:
The best one in a while. Srsly, when was the last good one?

Still, everything was the same.

Stephanie manage to blow up and destroy many cars.
Ranger called her babe
Morelli and her had a fight
Granny pulled out her gun
Lola was being Lola
They messed up with the skips.

But something was there, something that has been missing. The humour was back and not just the same old same old.

Still, why can I not quit these?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? But, BUT there was hope at the end, but knowing Steph she will F it up and we will be back to the same old stuff 

Paperback, 292 pages
Published November 17th 2015 by Bantam Books
Stephanie Plum #22
Library

44 comments:

  1. Yeah, I said I wasn't going to read any more after the last one I read but you've made this one sound a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Joe as always, and flirting and more with Ranger as always

      Delete
  3. It's been a while since I've read this series! I binge read the first 11 or so, and then I had to take a break. I got tired of the love triangle (PICK RANGER ALREADY! I know she'll end up with Morelli in the end though), and it seems like that element is still going strong. So glad this had something that had been missing from previous books though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha ;) I was always a Joe fan but I am SO tired of him. I am tired of them alllllll!

      Delete
  4. At least you liked this one more. I can't believe this is still going. I guess if it makes money and people are still enjoying - why not?

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep thinking I want to try this series, but these days, I think it is one that has gone on too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the first and the last whenever it comes

      Delete
  6. The number of books in this series is totally keeping me away from this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much new..make that nothing new ever happens

      Delete
  7. I gave up at least 6 books ago, maybe more. It just got too repetitive and annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one was not my favorite though it did have some funny moments. I totally can't quit them either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been really debating on trying this author out, but these books always seem so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the first 10, and then miss the ones in between

      Delete
  10. Sorry to hear more of the same, but hope next one rewards your patience with series

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol! Same old, same old. But I'm glad it was fun for you anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can kind of understand why it's hard to quit. You've stayed on for 22 books after all! Sometimes I feel like that, when I've followed a series for a long time. It's like, I've come this far already, why not?

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think about quitting every time but I always hope something new will happen. And this one was better so..

      Delete
  13. New to me. I enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can understand, I can't quit eithe. It's the series that made me read in English but I still need to read the previous book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't tried this series, but I know exactly how you mean about not being able to quit a series even when you haven't been happy with it. I finally quit Anita Blake this year. I was finally tired of the politics of her love life and decided that I couldn't deal with it any more and DNF the most recent book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Anita books sounds craaaazy!
      I really should quit these too, but sigh...SIGH

      Delete
  16. I stopped reading the series after #7 or 8. Will I miss much if I jump to this one?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the first book in this series, but based on what you and several others say, it sounds tiresome and I'm in no rush to start it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not recommend sinking down into this black hole of despair

      Delete
  18. I really need to try at least one of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've not started them yet. Everyone has been enjoying these and keeping up with the series. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never read one, but want to... someday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Because they are crack! I love me some Ranger. Glad it had some of it's old spark to it :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP