Sunday 7 February 2016

Carole's Sunday Review: The wondrous kite - Jason Sandberg


Author: Jason Sandberg
Title: The Wondrous Kite
Genre: Picture book, child's book, & short story
Pages: ebook
First Published: December 2015
Where I Got It: My shelf (Given to me by publisher and/or author for my honest and unbiased opinion)

What would it be like to be a carefree kite? This rhyming picture book imagines the world as seen by “The Wondrous Kite.” Perfect as a bedtime story, this book also serves as an introduction to the pet dinosaurs, pixie wings, and resourceful heroines that populate Jason Sandberg's eBooks. 

This is the second children's book by this author that I have read. This one is a little shorter and I feel it is for a younger crowd then the last one. The story and art is simplistic, which I like, so I feel this would be a good one for 6 years and younger. It is a good book especially for that age group just starting to learn how to read. 


Again, I love the art in this one. It is simple and beautiful much like the books from my own youth. I love how vibrant the kite is compared to the background, so it really draws your eye to it. It is the star of the book, so it makes sense it would pop more. 


The story was simplistic as well. I liked the story, but I think I wanted more from it. It seemed super short, which yes it should be short, but I feel like more could have been done. 

Overall, this was a cute little storybook for kids. I highly recommend it for those who kids are 6 years old and younger. Its a nice story for kids who are just learning how to read and for those that just want to look at the pictures. I shall stamp this with 4 stars.





6 comments:

  1. I don't read a lot of books like that (like never) but it's nice to find some good ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read a whole lot of picture books but this sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound cute, and something my granddaughter would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know any kids that age but it sounds cute.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP