Friday 1 July 2011

Review: Shadow's Lure - Jon Sprunk

Series: Shadow Saga 2
Genre: fantasy
Pages: 391
Published: June 21st 2011 PYR

There are some things a son of the Shadow cannot ignore, and some fights from which he can't run. In this battle, all of Caim's strength and skill won't be enough. For none can resist the Shadow's Lure . . .

My thoughts:
I know I have been raving over a lot of fantasy books lately but who could blame me, it is the best genre in the whole world, and when I love I love.

This is then book two and Caim has left the city to go and search for clues about his past. Why was his father and everyone else killed? Is his mother alive and who took her? So he goes north, a land troubled by shadows and strife and he will learn more about why he can command shadows. The book is also about Josey who is now empress and has a lot to deal with, for example the church who calls her a usurper whore. Those bastards. Down with the church! She is also missing Caim. I will take any hint of romance I can.

Caim and his shadows, in this book we get to see him even darker. He is a hero, but he is a dark murderous hero and I love him. Because that goodness in him is the best. In this book he again protects those who need it and join in to fight those who try to damn the north with dark magic and blood. And of course his sidekick, Kit, the strange fairy always brings something to the table. Humour and fun. Josey then, well she struggles with her new power, misses Caim and makes me wonder if these two will have a HEA. After book 1 I let that thought fade, only to pick it up again in this book and then leave it again. An assassin and an empress, sadly very unlikely but I shall not say more because lots will happen.

The book is filled with fights, action, dark magic, plots to take power and an intensity that makes me read fast to get all the information at once. There is darkness, but still the book does not feel dark. People get hurt, people die, that's life.

I liked book 1, I liked book 2 even more. They keep on getting better and I can't wait to read book 3 and see what happens. He has a way of taking you along for the ride and you will forget about other things. There is only this book and you.

Conclusion:
Awesome! Good fantasy makes me smile and become all giddy inside. I want book 3 at once, sadly I must wait. But in the mean time I will recommend this series to you all. It is great fantasy and when you start you will not want to put it down.

Rating:
Recommended

Cover:
yay hood, lol


---------------------------

First my flash fiction for this week


And then I would like to thank Anachronist from Books as portable pieces of thought who made me this beautiful green necklace and sent it to me :D you're the best!


The Pink one I won from Lori Brighton 
:D

32 comments:

  1. Shadow's Lure is on my TBR list.

    I am very glad you like my necklace (yay, it arrived to you without a hitch!) but my blog is called a bit differently...what's up with you girls? First Melissa calls me an Antichrist or Anarchist or something equally strange then you...you know I might get depressed and don't go online for the whole day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You carry on loving your fantasy fiction. It is your blog so you rave all you want.

    Loved your flash fiction btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fantasy is your favourite genre. You always make me add new books to the list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Sooo glad you are loving this one with me. :) I thought you might ;D Great review. And now we have to wait for book 3. I'm curious about Josey and Caim as well. I was surprised that Caim felt for her as he did, but not too. I wasn't thinking they would or could be an item too, assassin & empress... usually doesn't work out well. ;D Can't Wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dark murderous hero? I think I might like him too lol. I know that giddy feeling you are talking about - all good books make me feel that way.
    Btw, both the pink and the green necklaces are really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have been on a fantasy kick lately! I love dark heroes, I always gravitate toward them when I'm reading:) I'm having a blast reading all your reviews since I haven't read much fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I must most humbly apologize Ana. What is ever wrong with me? *corrects it at once* I can blame it on the thunder and getting caught in the rain and running for my life or..maybe it was just a way to see if you read it all
    *whistles an innocent tune*
    *tries the lost puppy look*
    Will you ever forgive me?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure makes me wonder, should I? I could use a great new fantasy series ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's what defines a 5-star read for me - that I got completely sucked in to the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really good! I have to look for the first book.
    And wow you've been blogging since I've been away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgive you but only if you wear my necklace and send me the proof (photo). Yes, I always read your comments and reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ana
    Your will is my command, proof will be sent tomorrow. As long as internet behaves, it was dreadful, it disappeared today and I was absolutely frantic.

    And I think your end to my story was the best ever *bows before the master*

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Vivienne
    Awww thank you :D I am so glad that you think that. A writer do need encouragement.
    Oh I will rave on I forever, lol

    @Nina
    You must add more. Oh fantasy, I always loved it the best

    @Melissa
    You were so right! You're good :)
    I hope they get together ...but, you know *coughs* What if someone else steals a heart *wink wink* You know I can't go on and spoil things here but you know what I mean. But who will josey marry then? I mean the country needs stability. I thought about Hubert but that is no more

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Misha
    They sure are :D Yay what a good week this was mail wise.
    Oh you would love him too, he is impossible not to love. Now why do I always crush on fantasy heroes?

    @Jenny
    I sure have. I just adore everything these days. But I am glad you have been enjoying these reviews and I hope you get the urge to read more

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aurian
    Please read more fantasy!!! :D

    Chris
    I am still all giddy, fantasy rocks!!!!! :D

    Elysium
    *blush* I do fear that is all I have been doing. Seriously, it is summer and I am sitting inside reading all day long

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I so want to read this series. I love the covers too! Oh and such pretty bobbles! You should model them!

    Oh and your #FF! LOVED! I love seeing you do something different and it turned out splendidly. Sorry, I didn't like Anachronist's version, but I did find if funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really need to pay more attention to fantasy...I used to read only that about 15 years ago but it's been a long time since I've read one!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Must read because I want to feel giddy too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've noticed that you've been reading more fantasy lately too. I like reading fantasy but know I don't read enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You really have been raving about a lot of fantasy books lately...I should really look into one of these sooner than later. I won't knock it until I try it (sometimes I do try to avoid, but I don't talk bad about a genre until I've at least tried it a couple times).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! Congrats on your wins. They're lovely.

    So, a dark murderous hero... I'm kind of scared and turned on at the same time.

    Okay, that is probably TMI! LOL

    I hope you don't have to wait too long for the next book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Melissa
    I did send a pic to Ana wearing her necklace :)
    Yes yes read it!!

    Yay. I was sure that you would approve of my very happy HEA. And Ana's end, lol, I had to put it there cos it cracked me up

    @Staci
    You must start reading it again. Once you love fantasy you will always want to go back


    @Alyssa
    It is the best feeling

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Jenny
    I have been on a roll. But now in July...Only got 1 book coming up :/

    @Deanna
    it is the best genre, but the I am bias because I loved it at my first try and I just felt home. It is not everyone and I do not feel at all the same about light or fantasy romance. Only epic for me

    @Missie
    Lol, oh I would not mess with him..just fall in love. Haha.
    I saw something about 2012 so hoping .D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I enjoyed book 1 and I'm glad to see that you found book 2 to be even better. I look forward to reading it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kate
    I like hoods ;)

    Simcha
    More secrets told, I love secrets :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful necklace.

    I love seeing all the Fantasy books you have read. They are books I normally wouldn't read but you rave so about them I bound to pick one or 10 up.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lol, I hope you pick one up in the end Liz :) Cos I do love fantasy and I sure like to spread the word

    ReplyDelete
  28. Its nice when you can find a genre that you enjoy so much. Nice necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Naida
    :D But then I have loved it since I was 12. awww good days

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP