Sunday 21 September 2014

2 in 1 Interview: Sue Moorcroft and Laura E James

Today I am doing the whole interview thing a bit differently, you get 2 interviews instead of 1 :)
So Welcome to Sue Moorcroft and Laura E James!

1. Hi again Sue. What's new in your life?
I have a new book out – but I think you know that! I’ve had a great year, teaching in France and Italy, visiting New Orleans for the RT Booklovers Convention and taking my mother to Malta as her 80th birthday gift. 

2. Give us 3 reasons why The Wedding Proposal is a fab Fall book...
It’s set in Malta, part of my upbringing and a large part of my heart.

It’s a reunion book. I love to read reunion books so I thought I’d write one. The plotting nearly drove me mad but I’m pleased with the result.

Elle is a heroine with secrets and Lucas is a hero who doesn’t like secrets! It’s an interesting mix.

3. And now it's Lucas’s turn in the spotlight. Tell us about him.
Four years ago Lucas let his possessive streak get the better of him and he told Elle that unless she could be more open with him, the relationship was over. So Elle packed and left. When she turns up on his uncle’s boat it’s a shock. 

Lucas has a great sense of decency, of right and wrong. It takes him most of the book to appreciate that it’s possible to be wrong about what’s right as well as right about what’s wrong. 

After a spell working on the business side of his uncle’s Californian vineyard he’s now a scuba dive master working in Malta and spends much of the time in board shorts and nothing else, dark hair blowing in the breeze. He’s grown up a lot but Elle still knows how to press his buttons.
He also saves his brother’s life. Handy that he’s there …

4. You have written many books, is there any book that is more special then the rest?
I think every writer feels a special love for their most recent book so The Wedding Proposal is occupying my heart right now. However, Dream a Little Dream was the most satisfying book I ever wrote. The research for Dominic’s neurological condition, narcolepsy, was challenging but the actual writing just took off. Whoosh!

Thanks!
And thank you, too. 

More info about Sue's new book can be found at the bottom of the page, together with info about our next author, Laura.


1.Who is Laura E James?
I’m a wife and mother, who loves reading, writing and music. I’ve been known to take to the stage on occasion, singing rock and pop in competitions. I sung Babooshka once. I opted for a slinky, full-length, shimmering red dress rather than the full-on Kate Bush/Boudica metal-wear. It was the right choice. People went to bed that night unharmed. My mother used to joke that she wouldn’t take me into a jewellers in case I burst into song under the spotlights.

2. Give us 3 reasons why Follow me, Follow you is the book to read...
It’s an untimately uplifting, honest book written from the heart.

The heroine’s situation is one to which I think many will relate.

It’s set on the stunning Jurassic coast in Dorset. Beautiful Chesil Beach plays a major role. 

3. Describe your hero Chris to us
Until Chris Frampton, I hadn’t used photo references to fix a character’s physical appearance in my head, but I needed to get behind his eyes to see exactly what was going on in that mind. This resulted in me carrying out extensive research, oogling, sorry, Googling images of Johnny Depp. He has the lean frame, dark hair, brandy eyes and the intensity I wanted to portray in Chris.
It was dirty work.

Chris is an adventurer. He’s impulsive, self-assured and hard-working. He’s loyal, caring and gentle.
And he wears leathers.

4. Are you working on something fun right now? If so what? ;)
I’ve been writing a short story for Choc Lit, which will be sent to Choc Lit Treat subscribers. I enjoy writing shorts ‒ they provide me with bubbles of completion. Novels take me a good number of months, and a short-term project gives me the boost to continue with the long-term book.

I’m 20,000 words into my third novel, working title ’What Doesn’t Kill You’. It’s an issue-based romance, with complicated family ties and strained relationships. The theme is ’saving’, whether that be saving yourself , saving others or saving the relationship. But do we all want to be saved?

Thanks!
Thank you for having me. I hope you enjoy ’Follow Me, Follow You’.



Author bio
Sue Moorcroft is a working writer. The Wedding Proposal is her tenth novel and seventh novel with Choc Lit – Starting Over,  All That Mullarkey, Want to Know a Secret?, Love & Freedom and Dream a Little Dream and Is This Love?. Love & Freedom won the 2011 Best Romantic Novel of the Year Award from the Festival of Romance and Dream a Little Dream was shortlisted for the 2013 Romantic Novel of the Year Contemporary Category Award.

Sue has also published over a hundred short stories, articles and several serials in magazines. She’s a creative writing tutor for distance learning and residential courses, and also for the University of Leicester, Northampton Centre. She has written courses for the London School of Journalism and, with her tutor’s hat on: LOVE WRITING - How to Make Money Writing Romantic or Erotic Fiction.

The Wedding Proposal
Can a runaway bride stop running? 
Elle Jamieson is an unusually private person, in relationships as well as at work – and for good reason. But when she’s made redundant, with no ties to hold her, Elle heads off to a new life in sunny Malta. 
Lucas Rose hates secrets – he prides himself on his ability to lay his cards on the table and he expects nothing less from others. He’s furious when his summer working as a divemaster is interrupted by the arrival of Elle, his ex, all thanks to his Uncle Simon’s misguided attempts at matchmaking. 
Forced to live in close proximity, it’s hard to ignore what they had shared before Lucas’s wedding proposal ended everything they had. But then an unexpected phone call from England allows Lucas a rare glimpse of the true Elle. Can he deal with Elle’s hidden past when it finally comes to light?

Sue’s latest book The Wedding Proposal is available as an ebook from 4 August 2014 and as a paperback from 8 September.

Twitter @suemoorcroft

Where to find the book:


Author bio
Laura lives in Dorset with her family. Laura was twice a runner-up in the Choc Lit Short Story competitions. Her story Bitter Sweet appears in the Romantic Novelists’ Association’s Anthology. Truth or Dare?, Laura’s debut novel, was shortlisted for the 2014 Joan Hessayon Award. Follow Me Follow You is Laura’s first Choc Lit novel published in paperback.
Twitter: @Laura_E_James

Follow Me Follow You
Can a first love last forever?
Victoria Noble has pulled the plug on romance. As director of the number one social networking site, EweSpeak, and single mother to four-year-old Seth, she wrestles with the work-life balance. 
Enter Chris Frampton, Hollywood action hero and Victoria’s first love. His return from LA has sparked a powder keg of media attention, and with secrets threatening to fuel the fire, he’s desperate to escape. But finding a way forward is never simple. Although his connection with Victoria has lasted the test of time, has he been adrift too long to know how to move on? 
With the risk of them breaking, will either #follow their heart?

Where to find the booK:
Google Play http://bit.ly/1ppydYw



24 comments:

  1. Many thanks for inviting me to the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh 2 interviews, it's exciting! Thank you lady for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dirty work for sure! I'm not a writer, but I'ld like to do character research that involves oggling... well, Googling Johnny Depp and others like him. Hugh Jackman, that's who I'd base my character on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo. Hugh Jackman. Excellent choice, Maja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had the honour of meeting both these lovely ladies. Great interviews. Really enjoyed this post. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto!! Read Sue's and got Laura;s on the Kindle. Loved Sue's and expect no less from Laura;s.

      Delete
    2. The pressure's on ...Hope you enjoy FMFY :-)

      Delete
  6. Thank you, JB. Pleasure meeting you. Sue is a fab writer and lovely person. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A book on narcolepsy? I havent' ever read a book with someone suffering from that disorder. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interviews! The books sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of the author or of her books. The interview is really awesome though! And oh, I think I would really like the male protag Chris because OMG, he's inspired by Johnny Depp? *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, I haven't come across a character with narcolepsy either. I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was very much convinced for ''Follow Me Follow You!'' :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all your wonderful comments. Really appreciated. I hope you enjoy the books, and have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My year seems so boring in comparison to Moorcroft's! Looks like I need to step up my game. LOL And, I love me a relatable heroine, so I'll be adding Follow Me Follow You to my pile for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo I like the sound of both of these. I'm a sucker for second chance romance stories, and if Chris looks like Johnny Depp in her head, sign me up for meeting him!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love uplifting reads, who doesn't?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the interview, and yeah I would be happy to help do research, like in the field. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Malta, I would love to go there. Apparently it is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh Johnny Depp - I approve :D Great interviews!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP