Wednesday 3 June 2015

One night with a billionaire - Jessica Clare

Kylie may be a makeup artist to the stars, but she knows what it feels like to be overshadowed. Especially by her famous boss, the pop star Daphne. That’s why she’s stunned—and delighted—when one night at a party, she attracts the attention of a gorgeous stranger. But when Daphne decides she wants the handsome billionaire for herself, Cade Archer is suddenly off-limits for Kylie…

Cade has known Daphne for years, and always wondered if she might be the right woman for him—even though she never gave him the time of day. But one sizzling night with Kylie has changed everything. So why is she suddenly avoiding him? Fortunately Cade is determined to get what he wants, and he’ll do anything to show Kylie she can get everything she wants too… 

My thoughts:
Yes it was part 6 of a series, and yes I thought it worked perfectly as a stand alone. I did not have to deal with the baggage then.

Cade is a billionaire. He has been in love with Daphne for ages. Daphne was a total bitch, who did drugs and would be dead in 6 months. Get over her man!

Kylie is a make up artist. She gets a job for the druggie superstar Daphne, who looks like shit. But Kylie knows her make-up magic.

Cade and Kylie meet. Sparks fly. Maybe Cade can forget about Daphne who never changes...duh, of course he will. He is tired of her BS and they will never happen. While Kylie is vibrant, really curvy and all woman. Ok so yes I liked that she was curvy, but what does that mean? I am curvy on top, but was she healthy curvy? What is 18? I hope so. Still it was nice, though I kept wondering about that....

Kylie wants to keep her job. Cade wants her. That is the drama. Oh and that Kylie is WAY too stubborn. She gets into trouble. Cade loves her, he has MONEY. He could help her. But she would rather ditch him and do it all herself, which she can't. Seriously woman, he wont think less of you, but he will if you do not want him because you are a stubborn mule. That was the only time she annoyed me. Everyone needs help now and then.

But it was lovely to see him chase her, you go man! 

Conclusion:
A lovely romance. I'd read more in this series. 

Cover
eh

Kindle Edition 200ish?
Published June 2nd 2015 by Berkley
Billionaire Boys Club #6
Contemporary romance
Own

36 comments:

  1. I didnt know you read books like this!! Skip Blush by Adair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like this? It was contemp romance

      Delete
    2. Like this? It was contemporary romance

      Delete
  2. This sounds fun, I love a good romantic chase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie does sound a touch frustrating in her stubbornness, like you said, everyone needs help on occasion! Other than that though I think I'd really enjoy this one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, especially when you are f_ed if you don't

      Delete
  4. This sounds interesting, though I'd probably never pick it up >.< Thanks for the review though :D

    Asma @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. This isn't the type of thing I usually enjoy, but never say never. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her billionaire stories make me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad he didn't end up with Daphne. I hate Daphne! I will read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, you enjoyed this one? This is the second good review of this book! I'm curious and I don't usually go for the billionaire romance books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very cliche these days, lol. But those me need love too

      Delete
  9. What the hell is that on the cover?! o.O

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just read the first book in this series! I think I'm going to continue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw another good review about this one. It's nice it can be read as a standalone book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds good...there sure are a lot of billionaires in romances these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's more fun when the heroine makes the hero chase and persuade her a little. This sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good chase :D But she could have been a bit more accommodating . Do not diss him cos he is rich

      Delete
  14. This is an unusual choice for you, Linda :) You go, girl! I would like if I said that it didn't sound nice. Who doesn't want to read about a billionaire chasing after the woman he wants? But that cover? Meh :\ Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is? I really can't see why :) Contemporary romance, I like that

      Delete
  15. This just sounds like fun! Even if she was a bit stubborn, I like that he gave chase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! I'm so glad you had fun with them too. We both need to read the rest of the series now :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to read this one even though I haven't read the others but what the heck is that on the cover??

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really want to read this one even though I haven't read the others but what the heck is that on the cover??

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP