Tuesday 16 June 2015

Pure Blooded - Amanda Carlson

Jessica arrives back from the Underworld to find her father embroiled in a battle against the Made wolves. She and her crew drop everything to join them.

Once she arrives, the threat is after her. Jessica is lured into danger when her adversary takes something precious from her. With help from an unlikely source, Jessica goes up against her creator in a battle that will decide the path of everyone involved. She must war against a new set of foes, ones who could not only steal her power, but could take her soul as well. 

My thoughts:
Do you know what I hate? Ebooks that fool you into thinking there are 20 pages still to go. No no! Suddenly the book ended and I was all, was that it? There should be a law against that. It's sopcruel.

This book was non-stop action. Good and bad. 

Good that is was non-stop action, so something kept on happening. Bad cos there was non-stop action. I am pretty sure no one ever took a pee break, or had anything to eat except that hamburger on page 1. I was all; spread it out, let them breath. Now there was non-stop action, or talk about the next course of action. And everything happened in the same swamp.

SO yes, duh, non-stop action. Jessica comes out from the underworld, is in a plane crash in a swamp and must find the next bad guy there and kill that person. She is kick-ass, and gets the job done.

But that big bad that happened in the last book is still hanging over her so the next book is sure to be intense. Stuff is going down! It will be...non-stop action for sure ;) Good and bad.

Conclusion:
So yes I enjoyed it, but honestly, I could take a break from the non-stop action for a sec. Let the poor girl breathe and then throw a demon at her. Calm down. It's too intense.

Cover
Nice

ebook, 320 pages
Published June 16th 2015 by Orbit
Jessica McClain #5
Urban fantasy
NG

33 comments:

  1. hahaha! at least you weren't bored, yeah? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of the Chicagoland vampire series, non-stop action - except Merit eats a lot, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me a little nervous at the mention of the big bad that happened in the previous book! I want to know what it is yet at the same time want to stay happy in my bubble of ignorance ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got this in the post today and I was looking forward to it, but the non stop action is very exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of these days I'll get to this series. It must be good, because I heard very little of it when it first came out, but as more books released the buzz seemed to grow.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel though that none of the books have been as good as book 1

      Delete
  6. I like non stop action, but I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Non-stop action can be good, but by your review, it looks like a little TOO much of it. Sigh.

    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen sister. I feel exhausted on behalf of Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds ok even if too fast too. I was denied for this one so I'm sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, I've never heard of a book with too much action - I need to read it and see what's what :) I always struggle to create more action and usually get caught up in characters :) I definitely should read this! Awesome review, Linda <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, too much action is TOO much action :) You need characters too

      Delete
  11. lol. I have it here to read and hoping to get to it in a few books. I've got a few review books before it on the stack. *sigh* Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh you are telling me.....I have been fooled one too many times myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man! I hate that when it's like 70% and then the book ends. Wha?!! So not nice. Glad you enjoyed it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so evil! It always surprises me

      Delete
  14. Hehe..I love your review, and so agree about the ebooks. The poor protagonist sounds like she needs a little break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should just let us know they will end soon ...

      She totally does

      Delete
  15. That is such a pet peeve of mine. I think ebooks should be required to say at what % the book ends!

    Eh... I quit this series a couple books back, looks like I'm not really missing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I mean with print I do always check so I know how many pages there will be. I want to know

      Delete
  16. I'm behind on this series. I have Red Blooded, but haven't read it yet. I agree with you about the amount of action in these books, the characters need a chance to relieve some tension and relax a bit. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red and pure is alike...action action action

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP