Thursday 22 December 2016

A Season of Seduction - Jennifer Haymore

Although the widowed Lady Rebecca has sworn off marriage, men are another matter. London's cold winter nights have her dreaming of warmer pursuits—like finding a lover to satisfy her hungry heart. Someone handsome, discreet, and most importantly as uninterested in marriage as she is. Someone like Jack Fulton.

A known adventurer and playboy, Jack seems like the perfect choice. There's just one problem: Jack isn't interested in an affair. He needs the beautiful, mysterious Lady Rebecca to be his wife. And he doesn't have much time to persuade her. A secret from Jack's past is about to surface, and by Christmas Day he'll be either married to Rebecca or dead. 

My thoughts:
Jack Jack Jack *shakes head* It is hard to like someone who is not honest. And I do want to kick him in the nuts.

Rebecka, oh she made SUCH a mistake. Damn girl, that was so stupid. But 4 years later she is a widow wondering if she should have some fun.

They meet. There is lots of passion in their story. They mess up. There is drama. Dishonesty, me wanting to kick him in the nuts. But all in all, they do care for each other, but there is that one big issue that you know will mess it all up.

Conclusion:
A nice story set before xmas. Not that much xmas in it, but hey still a xmas book.

Cover
Well it least there is a xmas feel to it

Mass Market Paperback, 379 pages
Published October 1st 2010 by Forever
James Family #3
Historical romance
Own

28 comments:

  1. Craving for some christmas-themed books. This one probably won't make the cut. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! It's always fun when you want to kick the hero in the nuts! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sexy Christmas robe! I liked the sound of this one, but if the dishonesty is that strong, I would also be kicking him in the nuts. I hate heroes like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get why he did it...it was a bad reason...but he should just have told her since he liked her

      Delete
  4. pretty sure i have this one, have not had a chance to read it, looks cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that cloak looks like it's gonna slip off at anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the wanting to kick a character in the nuts feeling sometimes too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this one years ago and loved it. Yeah the hero could be frustrating, but I really liked the rest of the story that it made up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good story and I love that cover. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have this one - off to look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh she's a fun one. Been a while since I've read her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *shakes head* Why are people so dumb? lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. The premise sounds pretty whacky. "By Christmas Day he'll be either married to Rebecca or dead"!? Dang, that's pretty extreme ;-)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  13. why not. I think I tried a book by the author

    ReplyDelete
  14. Premise sounds a little wacky but I'm glad it turned out ok. Sometimes you can gloss over things in a novella lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm, not sure this is for me but I'm glad you found another Xmas read--they're always special during this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP