Wednesday 14 December 2016

Shadow's claim - Kresley Cole

Trehan Daciano, known as the Prince of Shadows, has spent his life serving his people—striking in the night, quietly executing any threat to their realm. The coldly disciplined swordsman has never desired anything for himself - until he beholds Bettina, the sheltered ward of two of the Lore’s most fearsome villains.

Desperate to earn her guardians’ approval after a life-shattering mistake, young Bettina has no choice but to marry whichever suitor prevails—even though she’s lost her heart to another. Yet one lethal competitor, a mysterious cloaked swordsman, invades her dreams, tempting her with forbidden pleasure.

Even if Trehan can survive the punishing contests to claim her as his wife, the true battle for Bettina’s heart is yet to come. And unleashing a millennium’s worth of savage need will either frighten his Bride away - or stoke Bettina’s own desires to a fever pitch.... 

My thoughts:
Oh these silly immortals.

Trehan finds his mate. But Bettina is all I am in love with my bestie. Ok...and she still thinks she is fated for that other guy. But you are obvi Trehan's mate. Oh, you guys are stupid. *screams* You are his mate stupid woman, no, you can't do it with that guy, you will both be miserable. Gods, you all are so stupid.

But it was cheesy, fun, and she was all look at his peen and wanted to be all over that. Even though she also was I am SO in love with someone else.

To be honest, Bettina was lame, stupid and lame. I wanted to hit her. Trehan deserved better. He was cool.

The ending was so fast, that conclusion, I actually wanted more drama, like make someone suffer.

It worked for me cos it was entirely in another dimension, so it was more fantasy romance.

Conclusion:
Funfilled weirdos fight and are angsty.

Mass Market Paperback, 481 pages
Published November 27th 2012 by Pocket Books
The Dacians, #1, Immortals after dark #13
Fantasy romance
Own

23 comments:

  1. HA! Sounds like she was very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her books! I haven't read this one but it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I enjoyed this one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! This does sound like fun and I cheesy fun might be in order now. Sounds like it is good for a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always wanted to read a Kresley Cole book, but um, maybe not this one. Fun and cheesy is good, but not all that sure about the drama over his peen ;-)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Yes, I found her frustrating, too. I look forward to the new book releasing in this next year to see someone else from Trehan's family get their story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been reading books here and there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bah. Love triangle hell. I'll pass, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love triangle where she likes a guy, he does not like her, and another likes her, and she fancies his peen

      Delete
  9. Sounds a bit off! I have read a Cole book but so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cover! Noms! I love the series but missed this one. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been a long time since I read a Kresley Cole book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. IAD Spin off? I'm only on book 5 or 6 of IAD.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP