Wednesday 28 December 2016

Wicked as they come - Delilah S Dawson

When nurse Tish Everett forced open the pesky but lovely locket she found at an estate sale, she had no idea she was answering the call of Criminy Stain, from the far off land of Sang. He’d cast a spell for her, but when she’s transported right to him, she’s not so sure she’s ready to be under the spell of another man. (It didn’t go so well last time with controlling, abusive, domineering Jeff.) If only Criminy wasn’t so deliciously rakish….

Half the inhabitants of Sang are Pinkies—human—and the other half are Bludmen, who in Tish’s world would be called vampires. But they don’t mess with any of the bat/coffin/no sunlight nonsense. They’re rather like you and me, just more fabulous, long living, and mostly indestructible. (They're also very good kissers.) But when the evil Mayor of Manchester (formerly Bludchester) redoubles his efforts to rid Sang of the Bludmen once and for all, stealing Tish’s locket in hopes of traveling back to her world himself for reinforcements, Criminy and Tish must battle ghosts, sea monsters, wayward submarines, a secret cabal, and thundering Bludmares to get the locket back and allow Tish to return home…but has she found love with Criminy? Could she stay in Sang forever? 

My thoughts:
I have let this review wait way too long, I always forget my feelings then...

I am not entirely sure I get the whole Sang world. So it is a parallel universe...BUT when you are there your body is still in this world. So that was a bit, whaat? It's not like only your mind traveled, your body is in two places. That makes no sense. I read a short story from the story, and felt the same. Like was she crazy? And here, well the same feeling, she could just be insane, dreaming this and then dying.

Anyway. She comes to this crazy victorian world where instead of just us humans there are bludmen too. And it seems to have spread and most animals are vicious fangmonsters too. But she meets a hot guy who runs a Carnival. He is all, this is meant to be. She is all, what is going on? And she keeps going back and forth.

There are evil things going on. The vamps are good people. She falls in love and they live happily ever after...or her body slowly decays as she lies in a crazy coma.

Cover
Hmmm, it works

Mass Market Paperback, 395 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by Pocket Books
Blud #1
Paranormal fantasy romance
Own

34 comments:

  1. I need to review soon after reading too. I have way too many books unreviewed. *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I try to keep up, and when I am 3 behind I panic and do it quickly cos else I am so lost

      Delete
  2. As I mentioned before...too confusing for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I'd be completely confused, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a book I might like. I do love vampires. But it sounds like a book where you really have to pay attention too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pay atention, nah, I would not say that. I just wonder how she can be in two places at once

      Delete
  5. That's too confusing for me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read it like the parallel world it is meant to be

      Delete
  6. I do think I'd need SOME answers. This would bother me too much. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just do not get the whole concept. I think too much. It was more like this was the coma world

      Delete
  7. I loved it, even the confusion, and figured it was meant to be macabre with the Carnival setting. Tish did annoy me, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The the whole world was cool :) Never any confusion there. But I still want to think of this as coma world

      Delete
  8. Ooh, I'm actually curious about this one. Her Shadow series (under Lila Bowen) isn't doing much for me anymore, this sounds a lot more fun.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy book 1, but at the same time it felt like I read one, I was good

      Delete
    2. I did enjoy book 1, but at the same time it felt like I read one, I was good

      Delete
  9. I hate confusing reads where I'm not sure if the main character is just insane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will read any kind of fantasy set in Victorian England, especially paranormals! The bludmen sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was really weird but I loved it!

    Killer bunnies! lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh this sounds...Different for sure. But I can't get enough of vampires so I gotta try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh I have this on my shelves somewhere. I liked the cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the same problem. I let reviews sit and then I can't remember everything I wanted to talk about. This is a series that I've wanted to try for a while and just haven't gotten to. Sounds weird, but that doesn't mean bad. I like this cover too.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was weird and good, even if I never got the whole two bodies in two world at the same time thing ;)

      Delete
  15. She explains it more in later books :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP