Thursday 8 December 2016

Hot wheels and high heels - Jane Graves

Trophy wife Darcy McDaniel has just discovered that, thanks to her embezzling husband, her posh, upper-class life is gone for good. Now she's trading her suburban palace for a trailer park and her weekly salon appointments for a job. Darcy needs a new man--fast--one who'll keep her in the manner she darn well deserves. Problem is, the hottest prospect around is the my-way-or-the-highway hunk who's making off with her beloved Mercedes!
Ex-cop turned repo man John Stark is sure that hiring the furious blonde in his headlights is a colossal mistake. He knows Darcy's high-maintenance, designer-labels-only type--after all, he's used to taking their cars. But he never expected this hellion to have the smarts and the spunk to go from receptionist to repo agent in record time...or to drive him insane with desire. She's the last thing this tall, dark, and dangerous loner needs...and everything he never knew he wanted. 

My thoughts:
Darcy, hmmm, she was such a trophy wife. But then again she did learn a few things early on, and I did start to like her even with her flaws. I also liked that the author made her 40! I know, so freaking old ;) But comparing to other heroines it felt refreshing.

John was nice, the only issues he had was with a certain headstrong trophy wife. But who wouldn't.

They meet, there is anger, she gets a job, there is drama. And oh those sparks fly.

There is also...something else, I never really got that, but sure why not. A good chase.

Conclusion:
I actually read it in a day, it was just so light and fun

Cover
Boring

Paperback, 384 pages
Published July 1st 2007 by Forever
Playboys #1
Contemporary romance
Own

39 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with a light, fun one sitting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like we're both reviewing authors neither of us has read yet but want to. I think I'll see if my library has this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One sitting read! I miss those. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised, it was not awesome, but it was just so light and fun

      Delete
  4. I sense there's a lot of tight tension here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 40 year-old trophy wife? Hmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love when I see an "older" character. It's so silly that publishers don't put that age in much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was surprised that she actually was that "old", but it was great

      Delete
  7. Probably not something for me, but hey, I love the title :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think I read this back in the day and enjoyed it and read a few more by her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always nice to have a book like that

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just looking at this book yesterday. Thanks for the review, it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 40? She's still alive? LOL I know what you mean, so nice to see someone not 18. :) This sounds like something I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she is practically in a nursing home already ;=)

      Delete
  12. Love the title and the story sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this on my TBR. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sighs...after the book I just read I need light and fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so strange to me how few heroines there are in romance novels over the age of 30! 30 is hardly old people, and neither is 40. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. 40 seems young compared to me lol

    I think I would like this one.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read anything light in awhile so I might just have to pick this one up after all! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Light is so good and needed sometimes, pure cheese

      Delete
  18. Oh... this sounds good. A 40 YO heroine rocks, too!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP