Tuesday 31 January 2017

Because of Miss Bridgerton - Julia Quinn

Sometimes you find love in the most unexpected of places... This is not one of those times.

Everyone expects Billie Bridgerton to marry one of the Rokesby brothers. The two families have been neighbors for centuries, and as a child the tomboyish Billie ran wild with Edward and Andrew. Either one would make a perfect husband... someday.

Sometimes you fall in love with exactly the person you think you should...Or not.

There is only one Rokesby Billie absolutely cannot tolerate, and that is George. He may be the eldest and heir to the earldom, but he's arrogant, annoying, and she's absolutely certain he detests her. Which is perfectly convenient, as she can't stand the sight of him, either.

But sometimes fate has a wicked sense of humor...

Because when Billie and George are quite literally thrown together, a whole new sort of sparks begins to fly. And when these lifelong adversaries finally kiss, they just might discover that the one person they can't abide is the one person they can't live without... 


My thoughts:
I do like Quinn's books, they are sweet! 
Though to be honest, nope, I have not read all the Bridgerton books, as this is their aunt, it obviously takes places long before those books.

Anyway, this is about Billie Bridgerton. She helps her dad with the estate, she knows every tenant and animal, she wears breeches and hunt. And she knows that she might not be a proper miss, but she does not care.

George Rokesby watched Billie run wild with his younger brothers and sister when they were kids. He thinks she is a hoyden.

They do not care for each other.

Awww, I know right, the perfect start. She thinks he is boring, he thinks she is too wild. But all the other Rokesby's have left. These two end up together, they have actual conversations. And then the banter starts, you know you can never go wrong with banter, cos it will make them realise that they actually like each other.

A sweet story. I liked how their love for each other slowly dawned on them.

Cover
Not really fitting for the era, but I will take it

Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published March 29th 2016 by Avon
Rokesbys #1
Historical romance
Own

35 comments:

  1. I haven't read much by this author but I want to explore more of her work, so thanks for putting this on my radar! It's a perfect winter read so I'll have to pick it up for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the beginning of the romance. I hope it was consistently good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this one too, but loved the Bridgerton series of the younger set quite a bit more. Hmm never thought about the cover not in the period but there you go. Love the colour of the gown though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read one here and there from those.
      Since this is set 1779 then yeah

      Delete
  4. Seen this one around, I am really curious about the Bridgerton series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. And I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do enjoy historical romances, and yes, banter! Love that. I'll have to give Ms. Quinn a try sometime. Fab review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you have not tried her yet? She has some fun ones

      Delete
  7. Glad you liked this one. I do need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it when there is good banter. I do need to read this series at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you enjoyed the book! Gorgeous cover, even if it isn't fitting of the era. I'm sure that beautiful dress will make quite a few people give the book a second look!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's cute when a couple suddenly realizes they love each other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to try her books, I heard great things about this author!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If your heroine is a tomboy and a hoyden why your publisher is putting on the cover an elegant lady in a low-cut silk dress? I know, I know, one of mysteries of marketing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ana ;) At least she does wear a green dress during a houseparty where lots happen

      Delete
  13. I love me some banter between characters. It makes the romance all the more sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes you find love in the most unexpected of places... This is not one of those times.

    LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just got the first one on audio, and cannot wait to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounded okay...but she goes by Billie? >_< It bothers me. Why does it bother me so much?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have one of her books to read, looks like I need to add this one too lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best friend's brother isn't always my favourite trope, but I looooved this one! JQ writes great banter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. It's an old trope. But too be fair, they were the only kids she could play with in the area

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP