Tuesday 17 January 2017

The Highland bride's choice - Amanda Forester

In this first installment, the clan has gathered for May Day festivities, and Laird Campbell is trying to arrange marriages for his younger sisters. Practical Elyne Campbell is pleased to marry whomever her brother has chosen for her. Unfortunately, she is more attracted to Tavish Grant, the cousin of her intended, than the prospective groom himself. When she is caught outside the castle gates during a siege and is forced to spend time hiding with Grant, the attraction grows beyond all hope of practicality. 

My thoughts:
Ok so the only reason why I read 2 novellas was cos I had only read 1 book! 1 book and it was already Sunday. One big in 6 days made me shaky, lol.

This one was a fast one where the brother sends for bridegrooms and Elyne is all, fine, I can marry, who needs love anyway. Haha, oh you girl, yes she meets her intended and he is so meh, but dang his cousin is fine.

The love happens fast, they do not have many days on them to fall in love so it's fast and sudden. And then they live happily ever after.

Short and nice

cover
Always stabbing themselves with those swords

Kindle Edition, 89 pages
Published October 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Campbell Sisters #1
Historical romance
Own

34 comments:

  1. One of the many rules of romances: there's always a fine cousin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO "always stabbing themselves with those swords". So true, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not want to see your armpit as you stab yourself, cover dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing at the sword stabbing, oh well insta love can be accepted in a novella most times and good on the cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least someone in the family was fine. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snicker.... Always stabbing themselves with those swords. You make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a decent novella :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Short and Nice is what I seek out nowadays. I've been reading The Drafter for a week now! Good lawd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes same! I had been reading a book for a week and was all arghhh, so I read a novella

      Delete
  9. LOL at your comment about the cover! I also did a double take - the woman doesn't look like she belongs in that era, with the tank top.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's her underdress whatever, but, yeah tank top

      Delete
  10. it's nice to have a novella like that

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least the brother wasn't too far off in his matchmaking skills if he picked the cousin of the one she wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Good brother there, I am sure the guy would have been decent but his mum made him a tight ass

      Delete
  12. Short and nice is sometimes just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this author...she does great quick and fun HR

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have read a few of her books and yeah :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to giggle at the cover. I like it, but the sword looks... strange over his shoulder like that without holder.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooo those hot cousins. Always causing issues. Lucky for me all of BF's cousins are married. xD

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been on a novella reading bender this past week. My attention span isn't ready for a full length book yet. lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is a fun one :D And gah I understand the book panic. lol

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP