Wednesday 18 January 2017

Spectyr - Philippa Ballantine

The second novel in Ballantine's series. In a realm of mystics and magic, the Order of Deacons stands between the here and now and the Otherside. Its mission is to protect the citizens of the Empire from malevolent geists--no matter where or when...

Though one of the most powerful Deacons, Sorcha Faris has a tarnished reputation to overcome, which is why she jumps at the chance to investigate a string of murders in the exotic city of Orithal. But it is there that her lover, the shapeshifting rival to the throne, is targeted by a cruel and vengeful goddess, unwittingly unleashed by the Emperor's sister. 

My thoughts:
Hmmm, I did not really focus on what I was reading. Not the best of weeks. It was good, but my focus was so off. Seriously, I was about to pick it up yesterday....and realised I had finished it the day before. Yeah. Sorry book. I might have missed a thing or two.

So...evil goddess wants to kill that guy with a beast inside of him. Sorcha the one with magic and her partner wants to stop that, and get out of town. Since her husband is a dick. Yes yes I know, I really kept my attention on this. Sigh.

Evil goddess was evil, sprinkle in some surprises. One was sad. Oh oh, wtf with that freaking royal bitch. Grrrrrrrrr. I hope she gets what is coming to her.

I am so glad it worked even if my attention was nowhere to be found. I hope I am in a better mood when I read the next one.

Cover
Nice
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 310 pages
Published June 28th 2011 by Ace (first published May 21st 2011)
Book of the Order #2
Fantasy
Own

27 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! Hope you love the next one hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one before but I think I'll wait to see what you make of the sequel before diving into this. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when I read a book or chapter and realize I don't know what I just read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this series but haven't finished it. I think, if I remember correctly, that the 3rd is good and hopefully you have your mojo back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done that before, read a book and didn't remember much of it. Sometimes we have those days. Glad you enjoyed it anyway.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's another author I really need to read!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can identify, sometimes our mind just doesn't really settle on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her body proportions are not quite right there...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate when you can't focus on the book you're reading. At least you're able to push through, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't believe I haven't read anything by Philippa Ballantine yet! I want to soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So you decided to keep trying the series even tho the first didn't wow you?! As I've said before I loved this series. I hope you like the the rest of the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I read more :) Sometimes I give up, but ha, yes I ordered book 3 even though I have no idea what i read here

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP