Monday 9 January 2017

Dark Descendant - Jenna Black

Nikki Glass can track down any man. But when her latest client turns out to be a true descendant of Hades, Nikki now discovers she can’t die. . . . 

Crazy as it sounds, Nikki’s manhunting skills are literally god-given. She’s a living, breathing descendant of Artemis who has stepped right into a trap set by the children of the gods. Nikki’s new “friends” include a descendant of Eros, who uses sex as a weapon; a descendant of Loki, whose tricks are no laughing matter; and a half-mad descendant of Kali who thinks she’s a spy. 

But most powerful of all are the Olympians, a rival clan of immortals seeking to destroy all Descendants who refuse to bow down to them. In the eternal battle of good god/bad god, Nikki would make a divine weapon. But if they think she’ll surrender without a fight, the gods must be crazy. . . . 

My thoughts:
I wanted new UF, I have been reading the same old series, which I like, but I want more. So I found this one, a bit later, but hey better late than never! At least all books are already out.

I was pleasantly surprised by it. Nikki is a kick-ass heroine who finds out she is descended from a god, and it seems that all those olds gods are real. Because they sure had lots of babies all over the world, even if not many are left. But for some reason the Olympians are the strongest, dunno about that, why would the Greek ones be the strongest? They do not even have worshippers today, I could see other ones being stronger, but whatever. Olympian power!

There are good ones and bad ones, but who to trust? She is hunted, she must hunt, and stuff gets real. I was also happy to see that something I wondered about was told already in this book so that I do not have to wait aaaages to find out.

Conclusion:
A kickass heroine, a nice quest, and a series that I will read more of.

Cover:
Fine

Paperback, 336 pages
Published April 26th 2011 by Pocket Books
Descendants, #1)
Urban Fantasy
Own

46 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by this author although I always mean to.

    It's nice that you won't have to wait for the books to come out.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good for once, nice to go with older ones

      Delete
  2. I'm always on the lookout for good UF so thanks for putting this on my radar! I'll have to check this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finding a new UF series to enjoy! I'm so picky about UF because they tend to get sooo long, but this sounds fabulous. I haven't read anything by Jenna Black before, but I've heard she's good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New, original UF can be hard to find but it sounds like you've got a winner with this one. I haven't heard much about Jenna Black before, so I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's original. I've always liked having Greek gods in books and this sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one in French. I still need to try

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooooooooooo those old gods just having babies left and right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you found a new UF to series to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need more UF in my life. There are so many series I want to try but haven't. I need to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I know, and I have tried a lot, and a lot have been fails

      Delete
  10. I'm glad you liked this one. I really enjoyed this one and I do need to finish up this series. This was a fun one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is new author for me but this sounds good. I'll need to try her books someday...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ehh. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for UF these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, excellent, sometimes I am in the mood for UF, good to have another series to add to the list (now I have to go see if they have audiobooks)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read UF in a long time and I have the first few books of this series! Wee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I've wanted this one since it came out. SO glad to see you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been on my wishlist for aaaages so I finally got it

      Delete
  16. Hmmm... Why is it the Olympians are always so powerful?! Sounds like a good start to the series. Looking forward to more reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bugged me, why just them, other gods that have kids are still around. No one care about the Olympians

      Delete
  17. Nice! I like jumping in late, you have more books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have read one book by Jenna Black and I'm looking forward to my next. She's a great storyteller.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've read this entire series. I really love it. I was sad that it didn't have more books. The author was thinking about writing more, but they would be self published. I really hope she does it.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it ends well, when an author wants to write more it has me worried

      Delete
  20. I haven't read these books, but it does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't realize Jenna Black wrote an UF series. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How is being back at work?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh yay a new urban fantasy series! I like the gods thing. I don't know how I missed this one too.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP