Monday 23 January 2017

Eleventh Grave in Moonlight - Darynda Jones

A typical day in the life of Charley Davidson involves cheating husbands, missing people, errant wives, philandering business owners, and oh yeah...demons, hell hounds, evil gods, and dead people. Lots and lots of dead people. As a part time Private Investigator and full-time Grim Reaper, Charley has to balance the good, the bad, the undead, and those who want her dead. In this eleventh installment, Charley is learning to make peace with the fact that she is a goddess with all kinds of power and that her own daughter has been born to save the world from total destruction. But the forces of hell are determined to see Charley banished forever to the darkest corners of another dimension. With the son of Satan himself as her husband and world-rocking lover, maybe Charley can find a way to have her happily ever after after all. 

My thoughts:
I should have written this when it was fresh in my mind, oh well.

I never remember how I exactly felt about previous books, but I do feel like whatever steam it may have lost it picked up again. And that ending, wow.

So...well obviously things have gone down in previous books. I still feel so sad that she can't be with Beep. I mean that is beyond heartbreaking. Beep!

Where to begin? I wanted more Reyes, ok so Reyes was there and they got hot and heavy. But he was not there..Reyes!!

Charley said some things in the last book and angels are stalking her. But if she wants a beef with God then she will have one. She is a goddess after all.

She has a new case, one she really should have left alone. Things will get dangerous. But that is Charley for ya.

Family issues. Godly drama, you name it.

And then there were a few new revelations that I did not see coming.

Conclusion:
I do need the next book at once

Cover
still meh

Ebook, 352 pages
Expected publication: January 24th 2017 by St. Martin's Griffin
Charley Davidson #11
Urban fantasy romance
Netgalley

40 comments:

  1. I had it a few days ago but I still need to read it! soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the cover is certainly...different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to catch up on this series but SO MANY books! I'll never be fully caught up! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so far behind that it's too daunting to catch back up lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that, I have felt so too

      Delete
  5. Sounds intriguing. I just have to get a move on with this series, I er...have only read the first book. In a way though that's good because the next one is always there until 11 at least!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never got into this series but I desperately wish I had! I'll have to go back and give the first book a try again because this series seems to be a consistent hit and every new installment never disappoints the fans. I want to join that bandwagon!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this author for the first time this week. Not my usual genre at all but found it refreshingly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Solid installment for an 11th one, not bad even if you're not a fan of the cover art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of these work for me, they are so similar

      Delete
  9. I need to catch up on these so bad!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Almost a dozen books in, guess it'll be hard for me to catch up now! I'm glad you're still enjoying the series though, it's always a good sign when you can't wait for the next book.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had a rocky middle but pulled through, and I honestly did not think the last book was necessary, but all in all, hanging in there

      Delete
  11. Yes, that ending, argh. I need the next book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Charley leave something dangerous alone? Never. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the exact same way. I screamed when I got to the last page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think unexpected revelations this far into a series is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES...and I loved every dang minute of it. We do need more Reyes time though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. one of these days I will pick up this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunno how many books are left, but that is a good place to begin at

      Delete
  17. I'm listening to this one now. I have about two hours left. Just finished up at the food court. I'm really interested in see how this book ends. I'm sure I will be eager for the next one.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have yet to read any in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just downloaded the audiobook for this one. I am hopeful that it's decent after that run of not so good. but so much info dumping in the past two books.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts on these books. I really need to get going on the books though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP