Wednesday 6 December 2017

Audio Review: Jack - Grace Burrowes

Sir John Dewey Fanning (Jack to his familiars) is magistrate in a corner of Oxfordshire plagued by one incident of petty mischief after another. To add to his aggravation, his matchmaking mama is due for a prolonged visit, just when his domestic staff is at sixes and sevens. Jack turns to Miss Madeline Hennessey both to organize his household and to serve as his mother's temporary companion, despite the fact that he's long harbored feelings for the ever-competent (and lovely!) Miss Hennessey. Madeline reluctantly accepts the position, and proximity leads to investigations of an amorous nature. Can Jack stop the crime spree and steal Madeline's heart, too?


Audio CD, 10 h
Expected publication: December 5th 2017 by Tantor Audio (first published June 3rd 2016)
Jaded Gentlemen #4
Historical romance
For review

My thoughts:
I am obviously obsessed with Grace Burrowes books, if you had not noticed. But they are just so sweet and the couples talk, oh how they talk! I feel them fall in love.

Jack is the new magistrate. We met him in the previous book and was a set bachelor (to his mother's dismay). He is kind, considerate, a true gentleman, and one who had a rough time in India.

Madeleine was a servant turned ladies companion. She kept the household in check and I liked how she spoke her mind. In this book she must head over to Jack's household and help out since it is a mess.

And of course they will grow closer. There are lots of things to do. And there are poor aunties that need help. There is a thief running around the countryside. There is a meddling mother. And all during Christmastime.

Conclusion:
Enjoyable.

Oh, and I like that Jack is actually what was it, 40 or something. He has been there before.

Narrator James Langton
He is perfect for these. I would not have it any other way. I have also realised that her books work so great as audiobooks. Since people do talk a lot. They are fun to listening too. 

18 comments:

  1. Okay... I'm getting a Grace Burrowes audiobook today. Should I start at the beginning of this series, or can I pick up this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have read listened to too many.

      Go for this one

      Delete
  2. I can see why you like her books, couldn't agree more about liking them for the talk. I was listening to a book and thinking "talk" and I want to give the characters a "Blodeuedd shake!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree some books are just better as audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read one of her books and enjoyed it. This sounds like another good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds very sweet! Extra bonus for it taking place during Christmastime, bet it really suited the atmosphere :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed Grace Burrows as well. I'll have to try reading her by audio now that I hear it worked out so well! :)

    https://wavesoffiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO try her on audio :D I find her even better there

      Delete
  7. It's been ages since I've read a book by Grace Burrowes but when I did, I used to love them. Maybe it's time for a revisit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really really need to try her books

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really making me want to try one of her books soon. Glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP